Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Amazon Prime Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync Amazon Prime Approval!

Well I did it again and got out of the garden. Applied for Sync Amazon Prime Store Card, took about the whole 30 seconds to actually get a decision but instant approval at $1800! I thought for sure it was going to be $500 or denied since they only ask income, not your obligations for that income and mine is low but nope! Smiley Very Happy

Now I just pushed my 5/24 to 9/24, I won’t be under it until 9/2020 but I do a lot of shopping on Amazon and waiting til 4Q for Discover to be ready isn’t always feasible. I’ll use Disco for large Amazon purchases in 4Q and I’ll feed Sync with my smaller ones. Hopefully they will increase the limit quickly as it’s my lowest (although BBVA isn’t much higher at $2000). I’ve heard Sync grows fast though. 

Not a bad approval to round out the year!

Also the $60 Amazon.com gift card was a nice surprise, I didn’t realize that there was any sort of SUB with the store card, just the VISA. 

I also forgot about this but this is the first card I had before bankruptcy that I have gotten back. I don’t think that my card had a balance when I filed Chapter 7 but it got IIB like every other credit card account I had just the same. 

Message 4 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync vs Chase Amazon Prime

Edit: Approved instantly for $1800 from Sync. 

So... my 5/24 is currently 3/2020 and I would like an Amazon card. 

Is there really a big point to getting the Chase card over the Sync version or should I just go for the Sync card now, pushing my 5/24 to 9/2020 when my BK has fallen off my report anyway and then I can go for the Freedom?

I am probably borderline for the Sync card with my 651 TU but I only have 3 inquiries and no baddies since 9/2012 besides a $65 med collection in 2015 and I think I have a better chance of getting this card now than when my new NFCU Plat, NFCU CLOC, and BBVA Compass ClearPoints get added to my report. 

The 5% back year round would be nice but I have my Disco for 4Q which is when I tend to make most of my purchases. That said, if I had 5% back year round, I would probably use Amazon more often than I do currently. 

So yeah, is it really worth waiting until 2020 to get the Chase Amazon, should I just get the Sync now, or should I just stick to the garden and actually go for the card when I have plans to make a purchase?

Message 1 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sync vs Chase Amazon Prime

Depends on how much you want an Amazon card. This one's pretty straightforward imo. Rumors circulating for a potential Amex Green card refresh say it'll include Amazon prime and 3x MR points on online purchases so might wanna just wait and see if that shakes out. Imo free Amazon prime is a great perk if you're going to pay for it anyway. Even if it doesn't shake out though you can just keep waiting or jump on that synchrony card. If you can get a business card might consider the Chase Ink Cash as it gets 5% back at office supply stores (you can buy amazon gift cards at office Depot/max), and with a sapphire card that becomes 5x UR. Things to think about.
Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it expecting a denial. $1800 instant approval on the store card. 

Its a no-brainer with how much I use Amazon since I’m disabled. Chase also doesn’t really seem to like giving CLIs to low income people like myself, let alone the bankruptcy mess. Time to update and then reset my garden status lmao. 

As for the Amex, they would undoubtedly raise the annual fee and I have no use for MR points so I would lose out on that deal. I was afraid Sync would give me a toy limit but $1800 is fine for now. I’ll have to smash the luv button if I decide to upgrade TVs this year though because $1800 won’t cut it. 

Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations
Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations

Thank you. 

I am still interested in people’s thoughts about these cards but what clinched the Sync card for me now is the $60 gift card. I didn’t think the Sync card had one and if it did, I didn’t think it was $10 less than the Chase card. 

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sync Amazon Prime Approval!

Congratulations on your approval....!!

Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sync Amazon Prime Approval!

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your approval....!!

Thank you, I actually will have a lot of use for this card honestly, I shop at Amazon more than just about anywhere else. If I don’t get it from the grocery store, it probably came from Amazon, so I’m excited to earn 5% back year round. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 32
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Unless you absolutely must have a Chase CC. There's no benefit in having the Chase version. The Synchrony version gives you 0% promotions depending on the purchase. I have all three Amazon cards...Synchrony, Chase and Amex.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over not having the Chase version, if I only had one of the others.
You also have a opportunity to request SP CLIs with Synchrony or Amex. Something that just doesn't happen with Chase.
Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Unless you absolutely must have a Chase CC. There's no benefit in having the Chase version. The Synchrony version gives you 0% promotions depending on the purchase. I have all three Amazon cards...Synchrony, Chase and Amex.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over not having the Chase version, if I only had one of the others.
You also have a opportunity to request SP CLIs with Synchrony or Amex. Something that just doesn't happen with Chase.

Honestly I have never had a Chase CC even before my BK. I did, however, have this card. It’s the first card that was wiped out in my BK ($0 balance I’m pretty sure but Chapter 7 means everything went) that I have gotten after it. 

I actually did look at the financing offers and they’re quite nice. 

How long before I can ask for a CLI? AMD is launching Ryzen 3000 at CES and if they launch new graphics cards too like rumored, I will have a good $1000 worth of stuff to buy lol. 

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.