Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch does not like me

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Synch does not like me

@Anonymous wrote:

I would kill for a $400 limit on Walmart, my current $150 forces me not use it much Smiley Happy

That's a real problem starting out HOWEVER, just keep at it. YOU MUST USE IT! and PIF regularly and that will give you leverage when requesting for a more usable limit.

And they WILL come through at some point when you least expect it often times.

Time and especially the waiting period as I like to call it is difficult. I know I been there and the first year was horrible for me, but once the TU FICO score inched up as well as using their card even at low limit but also low utility compared to it, year number (2) was a whole other world PLUS they instantly approved for other of their Bankcards which is another PLUS.

Best of Luck going forward and Happy Thanksgiving Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

@Anonymous CS @ 877-379-8173

@Anonymous wrote:

I had over a 700 TU fico when I applied, still didn't get the limit you mentioned even for people with a 660....

already did they denied, but then approved for increases on other cards. Synchrony is strange. 

Message 12 of 27
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

We know they're strange that's why we keep picking on them and using their CS side to bypass some of the strangeness.  Just keep hammering away or digress into some other cards since diversity in your portfolio is key anyway as you grow.

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the credit increases!  I know the feeling, it has taken me until this year to finally feel some love from Synchrony.   My walmart card started small similar to yours and I have asked for increases at least every 6 months for the last 4 years.  I gotten several small increases but finally got a big one this month to 4000.  My Amazon has been open for 2 years, and is only at $1400.  The best advice I can give is to be patient and use them regularly, they will definitely grow with some time.

Message 14 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would kill for a $400 limit on Walmart, my current $150 forces me not use it much Smiley Happy

That's a real problem starting out HOWEVER, just keep at it. YOU MUST USE IT! and PIF regularly and that will give you leverage when requesting for a more usable limit.

And they WILL come through at some point when you least expect it often times.

Time and especially the waiting period as I like to call it is difficult. I know I been there and the first year was horrible for me, but once the TU FICO score inched up as well as using their card even at low limit but also low utility compared to it, year number (2) was a whole other world PLUS they instantly approved for other of their Bankcards which is another PLUS.

Best of Luck going forward and Happy Thanksgiving Smiley Happy

+100

My own Belk card was approved in 2006 with a limit of $200, and it stayed there for literally years.  I didn't use it all the time, but at least every other month I would make a purchase then pay it off.

In spring of 2014 I got an auto-CLI bringing my new CL up to $400... that was the 'canary' that first told me there was some movement taking place with my scores.  My Belk card now has a credit line of $5k, and it's not higher simply because I've not asked for it to be (I don't have a need for a super-large CL with Belk).

As CM7 states Synchrony seems to respond favorably to frequent usage, PIF, and a rising TU score... hang in there and when your TU is just a little higher you'll be able to name your limit with Synchrony as well!  Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 27
cmony787
Regular Contributor

I called the CS # and after taking income information, they wanted to put me on hold to review credit report before answer on CLI.

I asked if this would be a Hard Pull or Soft Pull and the agent didnt really understand question....does anyone know if this would be a Hard Pull?

Message 16 of 27
washpadude
Regular Contributor

@cmony787 wrote:

I called the CS # and after taking income information, they wanted to put me on hold to review credit report before answer on CLI.

I asked if this would be a Hard Pull or Soft Pull and the agent didnt really understand question....does anyone know if this would be a Hard Pull?

Synchrony Bank store cards are almost always a soft pull and it is standard practice to put you on hold while they make a decision. Synchrony Financial products like CareCredit are often a hard pull. 

BK CH7 Discharged 03/2015
FICO8 EQ-657 TU-657 EX-665
Revolving credit lines 125k.
Message 17 of 27
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Avoid Synchrony all you can. Run away from them. They get late fees as a big part of its renenue....

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I'll take this.

Happened to me in a similar manner. I would venture to say that your first year with those requests can be touch and go and sometimes look like thy won't budge, for months.

The best advice I can offer, and I cannot stress this enough, whatever you can do utilization wise, (keep low) as well as regularly using those accounts while PIF those cards and let time run it's course, read up in here on the forums on whatever it takes to raise your TU FICO Score by any measure as long as it goes up.

They focus on TU FICO Scores specifically and it kept me locked down from getting my own Synchrony Cards raised time and again for quite awhile, but the more the TU Score inched upward while maintaining regular usage and payments with them, after a period of time they would (to my surprise) slip in Auto-CLI's without notice.

You will know when they're satisfied enough to extend more credit when those finally come your way when you request them and at some point after that your cards will grow like a weed.

Best of Luck and just hang in there, it will happen.

I agree completely!

Message 19 of 27
washpadude
Regular Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Avoid Synchrony all you can. Run away from them. They get late fees as a big part of its renenue....

Not if you pay your bill on time! Smiley Wink

BK CH7 Discharged 03/2015
FICO8 EQ-657 TU-657 EX-665
Revolving credit lines 125k.
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.