Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch must think I’m on my deathbed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synch must think I’m on my deathbed

So I got a 5K CLI on Care Credit bringing it to 20K. Just put a few things here and there every 3-4 months at Rite Aid. Had this card for a year this month and started at 6K. I guess it’s good at padding my Utilization until I need dental work or something.

Denied PayPal CashBack stuck at $2500. Started at $300 back in April 2018 so I guess I can’t complain.

Denied CLI on Lowe’s with a weird SL of $1037. It’s been 8 months with no CLI. I used to put a couple of hundred in spend the first 6 months mostly on gas gift cards but gave up on it. I was trying to have that card at the CareCredit limit by next year since I plan on purchasing a home ...... but got a BIG NO. I’ll try again after next statement I guess.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Vu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synch must think I’m on my deathbed

Lol...

I am literally the opposite of yours. I got CareCredit for 3 months with 1K SL. Each time I requested a CLI... Denied!!!

And in the meantime. Synchrony gave me a $10K Lowe’s, $5K Cathay Pacific Siggy VISA, and $2.8K Amazon.... All approved after I got the CareCredit opened...

Message 2 of 19
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on the AWESOME Care Credit CLI!!!

I have a Care Credit account opened in October 2018 with a SL of $5K followed by an IMMEDIATE online CLI to $8.4K - as soon as I got Online access to my account.  My 1st statement for $20.60 was cut this month.

I need to grow my Care Credit CL.  What was your strategy to get from $6K SL to $20K in a year?

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 19
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Clearly there’s something amiss with your health that you’re unaware of but that Synch knows. Heed their warnings lol 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Clearly there’s something amiss with your health that you’re unaware of but that Synch knows. Heed their warnings lol 

Funny!

I have them on my report.  Says I opened it in Dec 13, 2001 (17 yrs. 2 mths) with a cl 3K.  Shows it was closed due to inactivity in 2008.  What is Care Credit?  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 19
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Funny!

I have them on my report.  Says I opened it in Dec 13, 2001 (17 yrs. 2 mths) with a cl 3K.  Shows it was closed due to inactivity in 2008.  What is Care Credit?  

It’s basically a credit card that allows you to finance health care stuff. That’s the extent of my knowledge about it, though lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Funny!

It’s basically a credit card that allows you to finance health care stuff. That’s the extent of my knowledge about it, though lol

Hmmmmmm, idk why I had that.  Glad it wasn't used, that's the year my purse was stolen....my grandfather died, I ran in the house, came outside to call ppl and bam! someone had busted my window and took off with my purse.  Of course, that still don't make sense but...it's better than me admitting I'm having a "senior" moment.   

Message 7 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I got a 5K CLI on Care Credit bringing it to 20K. Just put a few things here and there every 3-4 months at Rite Aid. Had this card for a year this month and started at 6K. 

That's amazing, they must luv you.  Congrats!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

This card isn’t bad. CareCredit allows you to finance a lot of healthcare stuff. I think most use it for dental procedures at take advantage of its 0% financing. You can use it at most Vets if you have pets that need stuff done. You can also use it at RiteAid to purchase pretty much anything in the store. You can now use it at Walmart to purchase anything that codes as healthcare/person hygiene stuff. Oh I forgot u could use it to finance that BowFlex they are always pushing on their website.

All in all it’s not that bad a card. I got it because I was planning ahead. I have 2 kids with one that will probably need braces.

As for my strategy for getting the increase.....didn’t have any. Just used it at RiteAid for things we needed here and there. I think my biggest purchase was around $75 when I needed some sun screen and a new first aid kit for vacation.
Message 9 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This card isn’t bad. CareCredit allows you to finance a lot of healthcare stuff. I think most use it for dental procedures at take advantage of its 0% financing. You can use it at most Vets if you have pets that need stuff done. You can also use it at RiteAid to purchase pretty much anything in the store. You can now use it at Walmart to purchase anything that codes as healthcare/person hygiene stuff. Oh I forgot u could use it to finance that BowFlex they are always pushing on their website.

All in all it’s not that bad a card. I got it because I was planning ahead. I have 2 kids with one that will probably need braces.

As for my strategy for getting the increase.....didn’t have any. Just used it at RiteAid for things we needed here and there. I think my biggest purchase was around $75 when I needed some sun screen and a new first aid kit for vacation.

That's very handy. I wish I had known what I had.....maybe later I can get another one.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.