tag
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony Amazon CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

@Drwaz99 wrote:

Congrats! You'll be there in no time! (then watch them slash it! Smiley Tongue

Don't jinx it lol. 

Nah, won't happen. My score has gone up 140 points since I got that approval. I could get targeted for total shutdown like happened to others but I have had a pretty decent relationship with them so I would be really surprised. 

It has had some impressive growth though. It went $1800 -> $2200 -> $3000 -> $6000 -> $8000 over the course of like 14 months (I got it 12/30/18). 

I was just messing! Smiley Happy

Your growth is very similar to mine. Took me about 18 months to get to 10k from 2200. I went from 2200 -> 3500 after 90 days then used it heavily for another 15mo or so and took the leap of faith to 10k and got it. 

Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@T_Lab_89 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was just talking about how easy Sync cards are to grow and decided to go ahead and try to get a CLI on Amazon. 

I got this card at $1800 12/2018 and grew it to $6K over the course of the last year. I always get shot down when I request $10K so I decided to ask for $8K this time. Instantly approved!

I will go for $10K this summer when I don't have any credit card balances. 

I wasn't too sure how Synchrony felt about me closing my CareCredit less than 6 months after opening it and my B&H less than 12 so at least this confirms their algorithms still like me. 👍 

@Saeren is there a period between CLI one should wait? This card in particular.

I personally have been on a 4 month cycle for CLIs on my Amazon Store Card. Most are on 3-6 month cycles but my B&H was on a 2 month cycle. If you ask early, you'll get a letter saying as much in the mail. 

Message 12 of 38
T_Lab_89
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@T_Lab_89 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was just talking about how easy Sync cards are to grow and decided to go ahead and try to get a CLI on Amazon. 

I got this card at $1800 12/2018 and grew it to $6K over the course of the last year. I always get shot down when I request $10K so I decided to ask for $8K this time. Instantly approved!

I wasn't too sure how Synchrony felt about me closing my CareCredit less than 6 months after opening it and my B&H less than 12 so at least this confirms their algorithms still like me. 👍 

@Saeren is there a period between CLI one should wait? This card in particular.

I personally have been on a 4 month cycle for CLIs on my Amazon Store Card. Most are on 3-6 month cycles but my B&H was on a 2 month cycle. If you ask early, you'll get a letter saying as much in the mail. 

Ah. Ok. I got mine in December and tried in February. I should have waited until end of March or April. Thank you.

April 2019 (4 collections)
EQ - 563
TU - 586
EX - 578
March 2022 (0 collections)
EQ - 670
TU - 690
EX - 691
Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drwaz99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Drwaz99 wrote:

Congrats! You'll be there in no time! (then watch them slash it! Smiley Tongue

Don't jinx it lol. 

Nah, won't happen. My score has gone up 140 points since I got that approval. I could get targeted for total shutdown like happened to others but I have had a pretty decent relationship with them so I would be really surprised. 

It has had some impressive growth though. It went $1800 -> $2200 -> $3000 -> $6000 -> $8000 over the course of like 14 months (I got it 12/30/18). 

I was just messing! Smiley Happy

Your growth is very similar to mine. Took me about 18 months to get to 10k from 2200. I went from 2200 -> 3500 after 90 days then used it heavily for another 15mo or so and took the leap of faith to 10k and got it. 

It's possible they would have given me $10K today but I didn't want to chance another no for a limit I don't actually need. I hate getting denial letters in the mail and I do have about $2500 in outstanding credit card balances right now that I'm chipping away at so I figure I'll get that down and then ask. 

Message 14 of 38
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!

Message 15 of 38
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 16 of 38
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Thank you for this info.  I got one in ealy Jan and was wondering whether 90 or 120 made sense to hit it again. 

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
1) GARDEN until I app for Mortgage.
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  
3) Don't waste the gifted 0% time on the student loans. 
4) Ultimately, refi the house at non-usury terms. 

Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pit-Smoker wrote:

Thank you for this info.  I got one in ealy Jan and was wondering whether 90 or 120 made sense to hit it again. 

I would probably wait 120. 3 months seems kind of rare for Amazon but if you're okay with denial letters in your box, it doesn't really hurt anything. 

Message 18 of 38
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The only thing I do know, is that if you close a Synchrony card. You cannot get it until one year later. And not any earlier!

Ask Me how I knowSmiley Tongue

Message 19 of 38
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I think that next 2k will be doable. 10k here we come.

Congrats! That thing has grown beautifully. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.