Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Amazon Luv

tag
Chezy1025
Regular Contributor

Synchrony Amazon Luv

I have had my amazon storecard for about 17months now and it has sat at the initial $600 limit almost the entire time! Periodically I would request an increase on the website and be declined instantly everytime. Last month I got some auto luv to $800, today I speant some time looking over all my open accounts and I just wasn't happy with my low limit so I figured I would call credit solutions to request an increase and if they declined I would just close the account. I called the number (listed in the backdoor numbers thread) and asked for a limit increase to $20,000, I was put on hold for about 15mins and the rep said I am very sorry but at this time we cannot approve an increase to $20,000 but I was able to get $5,000 approved! So my synchrony amazon went from my lowest oen amount to tied with my highest credit limit!

Last HP 03-24-2016 Gardening until I pre-qual for CSP or Venture

Starting Score: 485 06-20-14
Current Score: 685 04-03-16
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Synchrony Amazon Luv

@Chezy1025 wrote:

I have had my amazon storecard for about 17months now and it has sat at the initial $600 limit almost the entire time! Periodically I would request an increase on the website and be declined instantly everytime. Last month I got some auto luv to $800, today I speant some time looking over all my open accounts and I just wasn't happy with my low limit so I figured I would call credit solutions to request an increase and if they declined I would just close the account. I called the number (listed in the backdoor numbers thread) and asked for a limit increase to $20,000, I was put on hold for about 15mins and the rep said I am very sorry but at this time we cannot approve an increase to $20,000 but I was able to get $5,000 approved! So my synchrony amazon went from my lowest open amount to tied with my highest credit limit!

And there is your KEY with Synchrony.

My own Amazon store card started out also at $600 and for some months looked like it wasn't going to be of much use.

You just have to do the best you can to sit things out, use it, make usual payments etc. and try to keep an eye on their time table because it sometimes allows you be eligible for a new increase before the 4th statement cut.

Congrats! and continued success going forward with them. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Chezy1025
Regular Contributor

Thanks! I am going to sit tight for a bit before I request another increase and I will only use credit solutions from now on!

Message 3 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Chezy1025 wrote:

Thanks! I am going to sit tight for a bit before I request another increase and I will only use credit solutions from now on!

Is Amazon your only synchrony card?

Reason being is that it's very helpful for your credit profile in the long tern for you to have a small group of them.

Synchrony cards have a good reputation to grow like a weed after a period of time.

Message 4 of 11
Chezy1025
Regular Contributor

Currently I only have the Amazon card, funny you mention that because a few weeks back I got a mailer from them for the Walmart card. The limit was $500 so I tossed it but maybe it would be higher after todays success?

Message 5 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Chezy1025 wrote:

Currently I only have the Amazon card, funny you mention that because a few weeks back I got a mailer from them for the Walmart card. The limit was $500 so I tossed it but maybe it would be higher after todays success?

Yes, you might very well have the better offer on the next go round but either way it goes for you it will definitely serve your profile well IMO to build with Synchrony for the long haul and if you can stomach the low starting limits at first for a time, no doubt they will grow and eventually come up to speed with your expectations.

That's how it was for me. It's the slow starting out that is so gruelling at first, the waiting, the feeling that it will take so long, but then they suddenly spring wide open for you and matters improve by leaps and bounds instead of baby steps.   

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI. Chat and calling credit solutions seem to be the best way to grow these cards. I'm pretty willing to bet that if you app for the Walmart card you'll be able to call in right away and probably match it to your new Amazon limit or somewhat close. 

Message 7 of 11
Chezy1025
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice! Now im really interested in the walmart card! Would be nice to have it matched to the amazon card as soon as I apply

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congrats on the CLI

Message 9 of 11
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.