Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank Google Store - Update: Approved

tag
Tim_S
Regular Contributor

Synchrony Bank Google Store - Update: Approved

On November 15, 2020 I applied for a Synchrony Bank Google Store credit card. It wasn't approved immediately and I had to wait for a snail mail response. The response in the mail came stating they weren't able to approve my request due to my credit report being locked. I knew my reports weren't locked but I proceeded to call Transunion, Equifax and Experian anyway. They all confirmed my reports were unlocked. I called Synchrony Bank and they insisted it was locked but couldn't tell me with who. After a couple of hours of this, I checked my file cabinet and I found a printout i had saved with Innovis info on it. After calling Innovis, they confirmed my report was locked with them and they supply reports to Synchrony Bank. After unlocking my Innovis report I called Synchrony Back and they stated I had to wait 30 days to reapply. Since my application was never fully processed due to my locked credit report, do I really need to wait? Has anyone ever tried reapplying before 30 days and been successful?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony Bank Google Store

@Tim_S wrote:

On November 15, 2020 I applied for a Synchrony Bank Google Store credit card. It wasn't approved immediately and I had to wait for a snail mail response. The response in the mail came stating they weren't able to approve my request due to my credit report being locked. I knew my reports weren't locked but I proceeded to call Transunion, Equifax and Experian anyway. They all confirmed my reports were unlocked. I called Synchrony Bank and they insisted it was locked but couldn't tell me with who. After a couple of hours of this, I checked my file cabinet and I found a printout i had saved with Innovis info on it. After calling Innovis, they confirmed my report was locked with them and they supply reports to Synchrony Bank. After unlocking my Innovis report I called Synchrony Back and they stated I had to wait 30 days to reapply. Since my application was never fully processed due to my locked credit report, do I really need to wait? Has anyone ever tried reapplying before 30 days and been successful?

Yes, you would need to wait to reapply after 30 days, otherwise the system will detect the previously declined application and deny it again.  If you reapply, be sure SageStream/Innovis is unlocked.

Message 2 of 11
Tim_S
Regular Contributor

Disregard. I went ahead and reapplied tonight, (as I was very anxious to order a new Pixel phone) and it was immediately approved! Thanks anyway!

Message 3 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval @Tim_S.  I went ahead and moved your thread to the Approvals forum with a slight edit to the title (feel free to re-edit if you wish).

It appears their previous strict policy may have changed recently since a lot of folks were declined by not waiting the 30 days so this is a new DP.  Thanks for the update btw.

Message 4 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Tim_S wrote:

Disregard. I went ahead and reapplied tonight, (as I was very anxious to order a new Pixel phone) and it was immediately approved! Thanks anyway!

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank Google Store - Update: Approved

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 6 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your approval after the denial Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval after all!

Message 8 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!! 🎉

Message 9 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on the eventual Approval with Synchrony for that new card account.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.