Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLI

tag
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

Synchrony CLI

Requested a CLI on my AE card today and was granted a $200 increase from $800 to $1000.

Not much, but better than the denials I had gotten before! Will be trying on my Amazon once I pay and statement closes. 

Score in my signature are current. From a few other threads I've read in the past, a TU score of 680 does seem to be the magic number. Mine just went from 669 to 684 this month, and I was granted an increase. The last time I requested I think I was in the 650s.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony CLI

Congrats on the increase! I requested an increase on my Walmart card via the online request a few weeks ago. I’ve had the card since 2014 and it was at $800 since I got the card and I carry 0 balance. I was given a $300 increase to $1100 which I was ok with because I don’t use the card much. After reading a few posts in this forum about the chats and/or calling synchrony I decided to call to see if I could get an additional increase, I requested $5000 and they countered $3500 and I accepted. Figured if nothing else it would help my utilization.

Message 2 of 8
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

I may try this... Did you request online through the link or did you call/online chat?

EDIT: I just saw where you said you called. I may try that!

Message 3 of 8
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats every little bit helps! 🎉

Message 4 of 8
Yuruke
Established Member

Will Synch do a soft pull if you call for a CLI instead of doing it online? Everytime I do it online they use an old score obtained back in October where as my score is now 60 points higher than that one!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called on my Walmart card the rep asked me a few questions including how much I was looking for. I asked for 5k limit and he put me on hold and came back with the 3.5k, there was no hard pull for the online request or the call in.

Message 6 of 8
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

Thank you! How far apart was your online request and phone call request?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was within same week, I did the online and then started searching the forums later in the week, after only getting a 300 increase, to see if there were any data points on how to get a larger increase.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.