Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Changes-CLI One & Closed One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Changes-CLI One & Closed One

Got an Auto CLI of $2500 on my Synch Ebates Card. New limit is $10k
Been waiting to get this card to $10k to close my Amazon store card. Don't need it now that Chase is 5% and I always have wanted just one Synchrony card since I think most who get the blue envelope have more than one and/or request too many CLIs-not saying that is wrong just my observation.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule-but want to play it safe with them since I love and use my Ebates card weekly. I shops online a lot and have gotten since nice checks with Ebates.

Plus I have spent 2016 consolidating and closing cards. Mostly store cards I opened in 2015 when I was an idiot and opened way too many when all I could get were store cards. Of corse I regretted it. So as of now all my store cards are closed. I also combined cards when I had 2 or more with the same issuer.

Pretty happy with where I am now. Have all the cards I really want and I use them all except CapOne, which might be my last closure but since I got my CLI I am keeping it for now.

I try to never close a card till I get a CLI to make up for it on another. Since I only have 6 cards it isn't like I have $300k of available credit like some do-I never let myself go below $60k on my open cards and lines of credit.

Officially down to:
US Bank PLOC $15k
US Bank RLOC $5k
US Bank Cash+ $10k
Huntington Voice Rewards $11k
Ebates Visa $10k
CapOne $9.5k
Discover $2.2k
Amex $1k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony Changes-CLI One & Closed One

Nice job DJSmiley Happy. Great way to tip the odds in your favorSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx AJC. Smiley Happy

Just realized-forgot Chase Cards. Amazon Prime Visa Sig $7k and AARP $1.5k, though as soon as my bonus posts I will be combining the 2.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Dj! I agree with AJC nice job! 😊
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.