Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Credit Solutions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Credit Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That's great!! I hope I have that much luck! I just applied for a walmart synchrony card after reading good comments. Got approved for $800. How long should I wait to request credit limit increase??

About five minutes ago. Smiley Wink  Why are you still here and not on the phone with them already? Smiley Wink

Nothing guaranteed, and I haven't had the courage to try anything that quickly (waiting until first statement to call about my Sams MC), but I hear there's no harm in asking.

You can also ask for up to $25k, although I haven't had the courage to ask for any more than $10k (got a $6k counter).  But definitely ask for at least double what you want/expect to be approved for.

Message 71 of 77
klarso11
Regular Contributor

OzMan1788 you are correct. I also have a Belk card with 5K limit. It was raised from 1250 after 2 months. Come May I will ask for 10K limits on my Synchrony cards.

I've actually received immediate cli's from other banks and stores by mentioning my 5K Walmart limit.
Message 72 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I recently applied and got an Amazon store card, and walmart store card... Neither are the real credit card type though Smiley Sad

But...

Walmart was 1100, got it a few days ago and finally decided to see if I could get them to up the initial credit line, so I called today and asked for 5k, got 4000

So...

Called back to see if I could get a matching limit on the Amazon card, again asking for 5k, countered with 4000 again.... So my first 2 calls ever to synchrony netted me 6000 dollars in higher limits.

My reported income was 32250 and my TU as of today on myfico is 674, with 5 new accounts opened this month but a few not yet being reported yet (app spree!!!!) and several recent inquires on my TU and EXP from the app spree including some denials for ebates, cabelas, and amazon visa. I did manage to get a ventureone card with 3000 limit, a bbva NBA card with 1000 limit, and a quicksilverone with a measily 300 limit and credit steps program. Thought that was weird since they gave me the 3k venture on the same pull....but hopefully since I have that venture and another card with a 3500k limit they'll give me a significant bump when I graduate the credit steps program.

Both times I called the 6441 number and told them I was planning on buying a 4k UHD smart TV and stuff, but they didn't really seem to care what my story was. They put me on hold while they ran the check and both times when I asked for 5k, they countered with 4000.  

I'll likely be gardening for awhile Smiley Happy

Message 73 of 77
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I recently applied and got an Amazon store card, and walmart store card... Neither are the real credit card type though Smiley Sad

But...

Walmart was 1100, got it a few days ago and finally decided to see if I could get them to up the initial credit line, so I called today and asked for 5k, got 4000

So...

Called back to see if I could get a matching limit on the Amazon card, again asking for 5k, countered with 4000 again.... So my first 2 calls ever to synchrony netted me 6000 dollars in higher limits.

My reported income was 32250 and my TU as of today on myfico is 674, with 5 new accounts opened this month but a few not yet being reported yet (app spree!!!!) and several recent inquires on my TU and EXP from the app spree including some denials for ebates, cabelas, and amazon visa. I did manage to get a ventureone card with 3000 limit, a bbva NBA card with 1000 limit, and a quicksilverone with a measily 300 limit and credit steps program. Thought that was weird since they gave me the 3k venture on the same pull....but hopefully since I have that venture and another card with a 3500k limit they'll give me a significant bump when I graduate the credit steps program.

Both times I called the 6441 number and told them I was planning on buying a 4k UHD smart TV and stuff, but they didn't really seem to care what my story was. They put me on hold while they ran the check and both times when I asked for 5k, they countered with 4000.  

I'll likely be gardening for awhile Smiley Happy

Congratulations! Smiley Very Happy

Message 74 of 77
_NERD
Established Contributor

I'm 635 TU and CS gave me the finger today. I'll try again next month.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 75 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

Just got approved for a Walmart ($500) and Amazon ($800) Store Card tonight. When I call for the CLI, should I ask for one and then the other? Or should I make 2 separate calls? If I do ask them both at the same time, what reasoning works best? Thanks a lot

Message 76 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump? Anyone?

Is 877-379-8173 the correct number? And should I try one CLI after the other? Or hang up/call back? Thanks in advance

Message 77 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.