Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Google Store Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Google Store Card

I had been wanting to get a new phone for awhile. I'm still relatively early in my credit history. I was looking at the pixel phone and saw they had a financing option for 0% apr for 24 months. I haven't applied for anything in 6 months and really didn't plan on it. I got that itch and threw caution to the wind as the worst that could happen is a hard pull and nothing to show for it. Was instantly approved for $1500 that almost nearly doubled my current combined credit limit. Can't wait to see what limits I can get on real cards in another 6-12 months time.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Synchrony Google Store Card

Congratulations!

Yes, that Synchrony financing for Google phones & other hardware is tempting. I like that the Pixel is unlocked as I just use Tracfone prepaid as talking is the least thing I use my Android phone for. I'd also like a phone with finger scan so I can use mobile payments, my LG G2 requires a PIN and I refuse to have to enter a PIN a dozen times a day just to use my phone for the once or twice a week I might use Android pay. Rumors of a new Pixel keeps me from pulling the trigger, for now . . .

Message 2 of 23
kaw943
Regular Contributor

Congrats, I also have this started with the same limit, after 60 days I hit the increase and they upped it 4k which is what I asked for.  Even though I really didn't need it just figured I would give it a go and see what happens.  I got the google wifi for the house to create the mesh network and it is fast love it also snagged a pixel xl. 

Trans 740| Equifax 722| Experian 733| Chase Sapphire Reserve 20k|Discover It 12k| Bofa Cash Rewards 22k| Citi Prestige 11k and AA Executive WEMC 22k|Amazon SC 7k|FNBO TravElite 10k| Amex Plat NSPL, Everyday Preferred 6k|PenFed Plat Rewards
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was the CLI a SP or HP?

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you get an actual card, or is it a virtual account like "Bill Me Later" or whatever they call it these days

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's like the Amazon store card. You'll get a paper card in the mail and it can only be used on the Google store.
Message 6 of 23
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congratulations! Love the Google phones! I have the one before the Pixel. The signal reception is superior in comparison to the Samsung and iPhone offerings on my network. Must have something the do with the way the phone is designed to switch between 3 wireless networks plus WiFi simultaneously?
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you on Project Fi?  I was for awhile but once I had to add 2 family members I switched to Republic Wireless which is basically the same thing as Fi but without their refunding thing. 

Message 8 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, add another card ive never heard of to the memory bankSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 23
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yes I was with Project Fi. I'm now on ATT. The $175 cash back bonus through BofA Cash rewards for using the card to pay the bill. Plus the $100 cash back from ATT for joining Direct TV. Was just too good to resist.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.