Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Google Store Card

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony Google Store Card

Opening multiple Synchrony accounts in a short period of time seems to be 1 kind of trigger for a blue envelope. I dont think 2 will do it but when you try opening anywhere from 2-4 accounts in a month, that seems alot and may raise their flags. No true way to proove this but many who did receive blue envelope did app multi cards in a short period. Good thread to read up on about Synchrony if interested .
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mean 2-4 synch cards or just accounts in general?
Message 22 of 23
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kc12286 wrote:

I've been thinking about applying for this card. I applied for Motorola, I think, and was denied. I just apped and was approved for an Old Navy card, at the time I was approved for $1000, but my statement just came and they increased it to $1800. 

I'm not sure if applying for two Synchrony Bank cards back to back will get me an automatic denial though.

Probably not, but just watch out for the Blue envelope. 

What's the blue envelope?

The Motorola app was more than a year ago, I ended up purchasing whatever it was outright. 

I had 3 cards from Sync in total, they closed all 3 within a few years of each other. I wasn't using them at all. It just sucked to take the hit on utilization. 

I'm itching to buy a Pixel or Pixel XL to replace my Motorola X Pure Edition that is givng me lots of trouble. I'm torn between the Pixel and the XL version, both of which are smaller than the Moto X. 

Edit:  I bit the bullet and applied for Google financing and was approved. I may try to wait a few months and see if I release date is announced for Pixel 2. Hopefully I don't get a blue envelope in the mail, as I've had a lot of credit checks recently (mortgage pre-appoval, Old Navy, and now Google).

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.