Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Home card CLI request

tag
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Synchrony Home card CLI request

My feelings about Synchrony changed dramatically after I returned to this forum, following a multi-year absence. Since my return, I've heard horror story after horror story of mass-closures hitting various customers, and the thing that always stands out is that there's no apparent, good, logical reason. So I went from thinking Synchrony was fine (although its APRs are very high), to thinking it's an awful company, and wondering when the shoe would drop for me.

Today I logged in to check the activity on my Synchrony Home card; I had recently used it (to keep it from being idle) and wanted to see its balance. So...as I'm hovering around the 'request increase' button under my credit limit, I decided to click it! I thought, why not poke the Synchrony bear?! Smiley Happy

My limit was $9,000 and when asked for my desired new limit, I put $12,000--I didn't expect it to be approved, but I thought perhaps they'd counter with $10,000 and that would be fine, as I'm working on getting all of my cards into 5-digit CLs. Surprise!!

We are pleased to inform you that your credit limit has been increased.

New credit limit: $12,500

Previous credit limit: $9,000

Sure, I'm happy about the CLI, but that's tempered with the knowledge that the proverbial shoe could drop at any moment. Smiley Surprised

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Home card CLI request

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 on your CLI

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on moving up your Home card!

Message 3 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Synchrony CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 14
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Home Card CLISmiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Congrats on the CLI! Looks like you have enough diversity in your profile that you'll be ok even if they ever decide to close them down for no reason some day. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a reason for having both a MC and a Visa quicksilver card with Cap1? Are they the same account, or separate accounts?

Message 9 of 14
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a reason for having both a MC and a Visa quicksilver card with Cap1? Are they the same account, or separate accounts?

Reason? You mean you're supposed to have a REASON to get a credit card?! Smiley Very Happy

No, but seriously, I wanted both so I got both. They're separate, distinct accounts--as they'd have to be, since one is a Visa (and has to start with "4") and the other a Mastercard (and has to start with "5").  Both of them have apparently been bucketed. Neither one has gotten a CLI in ages, and every request yields an immediate denial. I've gotten to the point that I'm actually thinking about closing both of them, as they're among my lowest credit limits and since they're apparently never going to increase, what's the point? For the most part, I don't even use them any more. *shrug*

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.