Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony = Love

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Synchrony = Love

Wow ok... I went on a bit of an app spree these past 2 weeks that I totally didn't plan for. It all started with being pre-approved for the Discover IT card after being told countless times I wasn't. I decided to hit that apply button after a week of being pre-approved and BAM! $1,500. I thought ok cool! Just going to let these three cards I have do their thing. Oh how wrong I was...

Monday or Tuesday (OMG how sad I can't remember), I logged into my PayPal account to send money to someone and was greeted with the "You're invited to apply" pop up thing for the PayPal MC 2%. I thought screw it and just did it. Approved for $300!

Yesterday, I was shopping on Amazon and saw the store card. Found out they were part of Synchrony and was like let's see if this will work..... approved for $800. Sadly, it doesn't stop here.

The whoooollleeee reason I even REALLY started working on my credit was because I've been wanting to get a boob job... not only that, but I wanted the CareCredit so I could pay for more Botox (ok don't judge, it really is preventative and has made such a huge difference for me!). Today... well today I decided to apply since I found out it was through Synchrony. APPROVED! $1,000.

I'm excited that I was actually approved for all these accounts instantly because that has literally never happened to me! However, at the same time, I'm a little worried about opening all these accounts at once. I feel like maybe it's better to get all these inquiries at once instead of spread out? Either way I AM DONE. I promise you guys ok? I promise I'm done applying for any kind of credit card/store card/credit line, everything. Heart

One more question:  How long should I wait for these accounts before I request a CLI? I know Discover is 90 days, but Amazon, PayPal, and CareCredit I have no idea.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
19 REPLIES 19
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony = Love

Congrats on your approvals! Most lenders allow for CLI at either 90-180 days.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Big congratsSmiley Happy With all these new accounts, id let them settle for now and let them grow organically. Give it 3-6 months of good use and history and you will start seeing growth. Remember as your scores rise ,especially TU, your chsnces for better cli increase. Just remember to keep working on all 3 reports as Sync can sp them to check on your our progress. Enjoy your cards, well deserved , but definetly garden nowSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 20
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Congrats...

I had to reply because I've never found a proper occasion to use this smiley until now.. LOL

busted.gif       Flash Boobs.gif

Geeze I hope that cartoon doesn't violate any terms.. 

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your sucessful app spree! All those cards are fast grower! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 20
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Message 6 of 20
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Omg lol!!!! That is the best thing I’ve seen all day! Botox and boobies. That’s all I need credit for.

Message 7 of 20
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Works out because TU is my best CRA. I’ll do what you guys are telling me to do and just let these things age and then request CLI’s around the 90-180 day marks.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals. I know that feeling of "I'm not going to apply for anything" and then, bam, some credit card comes tempting you Smiley Happy good luck on resisting

Message 9 of 20
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats on the spree....Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.