Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Marvel MC: CLI denied, denied, denied, denied...approved

tag
ThisMightWork41c3
New Contributor

Synchrony Marvel MC: CLI denied, denied, denied, denied...approved

Hello all,

When I first got this card back on 8/22/2018, I received a whole $1k starting limit (SL), because my profile was very thin on revolving credit only showing a secured credit union visa that I had (limit 1K) for 2.5 years. So I though why bother recon'ing. I wont make that mistake again.

I've been requesting CLIs for some time through their site with no luck:

9/21

10/23

11/15

I was checking my experian and noticed that the credit limit (CL) had increased. Logged onto Sych and sure enough that increase came through on 11/18 just 3 days after the last denial and I noticed that a Third statement posted as well. Thats probably what triggered it.

My score has taken a hit with an increase in Utility to 17% overall and the addition of other cards. This must not factor in?

Of course I poked the bear and tried to get a raise to $2500. No dice. Hopefully that won't come back to bite me. I recently opened  Banana Republic Visa with them at $1,200 within the last week.

I know, I should be gardening. After this definitely. Hopefully they will auto after each 3 months. Is that everyone else's experience with the Marvel MC?

Thanks for the info everyone.

In the garden till May 6, 2022 07:38:06 GMT

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Synchrony Marvel MC: CLI denied, denied, denied, denied...approved

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

CongratsSmiley Happy What was the increase?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 11
ThisMightWork41c3
New Contributor

Thanks,

oops, I forgot that small detail. Increase was $250.

@Jnbmom wrote:

Message 4 of 11
ThisMightWork41c3
New Contributor

@19eighty5 wrote:

Congratulations!

Thanks

Message 5 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@ThisMightWork41c3 wrote:

Thanks,

oops, I forgot that small detail. Increase was $250.

@Jnbmom wrote:

Hey its better than nothingSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Marvel they starting me with 2,000 credit limit. I tried many times calling the credit solutions line and they would never give me any credit limit increase after 4 months. Then one day about 5 months after I got the card i
called the automated telephone line and they raised it to 4200. Plus they gave me a Dick's MasterCard a few months ago starting with 1800 limit they already have raised it to 2550 already. Give it time it seems like synchrony will give steady credit limit increases over time.
Message 7 of 11
ThisMightWork41c3
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a Marvel they starting me with 2,000 credit limit. I tried many times calling the credit solutions line and they would never give me any credit limit increase after 4 months. Then one day about 5 months after I got the card i
called the automated telephone line and they raised it to 4200. Plus they gave me a Dick's MasterCard a few months ago starting with 1800 limit they already have raised it to 2550 already. Give it time it seems like synchrony will give steady credit limit increases over time.

Thanks,

Yes, Im slowly learning patience. Would you say that your spend had anything to do with it? Low, moderate or High? I throw low  spend on it like Netflix, cable and comics.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My spending could have had an .effect.i use the card alot.and lately a whole lot charging uber rides and uber eats.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI !!!!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.