cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Plus Mastercard Approval—Now Where’s It At!?

tag
jcoop269

Synchrony Plus Mastercard Approval—Now Where’s It At!?

So I have mixed feelings about Synchrony Bank after dealing with them closing multiple accounts back in the day because they didn't like this or that out of nowhere upon payoff or whatever.  But recently I received an invitation in the mail to apply for the Synchrony Plus Mastercard.  Apparently they have three levels of this invite only card, the standard (no cash back), the Plus (1% cash back), and the Premier (2% cash back).  I guess I'm mid grade, but either way, I was approved, strangely with a limit higher than any other card I have, and was feelin good.  The problem is, that was exactly 15 days ago.  I'm yet to receive a thing in the mail, and according to Informed Delivery, day 15 still isn't the day.  Anyone else out there take forever to get their new card? I tried chatting yesterday and they said there was NOTHING they could help with because I wasn't logged into my online account, which can't be done without the card.  That makes me feel hatred towards Synchrony again for such stupidity.  Instead of letting me confirm some details, they flat out can't do anything when a card never shows up.  I guess I'm just supposed to chill in limbo.  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
littlesister
Contributor

Re: Synchrony Plus Mastercard Approval—Now Where’s It At!?

I also was approved for the same card about two weeks ago and still haven't received anything. I did call and was told they were behind and on the 19th there would be a mass mailing of cards.

@jcoop269 wrote:

So I have mixed feelings about Synchrony Bank after dealing with them closing multiple accounts back in the day because they didn't like this or that out of nowhere upon payoff or whatever.  But recently I received an invitation in the mail to apply for the Synchrony Plus Mastercard.  Apparently they have three levels of this invite only card, the standard (no cash back), the Plus (1% cash back), and the Premier (2% cash back).  I guess I'm mid grade, but either way, I was approved, strangely with a limit higher than any other card I have, and was feelin good.  The problem is, that was exactly 15 days ago.  I'm yet to receive a thing in the mail, and according to Informed Delivery, day 15 still isn't the day.  Anyone else out there take forever to get their new card? I tried chatting yesterday and they said there was NOTHING they could help with because I wasn't logged into my online account, which can't be done without the card.  That makes me feel hatred towards Synchrony again for such stupidity.  Instead of letting me confirm some details, they flat out can't do anything when a card never shows up.  I guess I'm just supposed to chill in limbo.  

Message 2 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Synchrony Plus Mastercard approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Grats on your Synchrony Plus Mastercard approval.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My brother has exactly the same problem. He has received the pre-approved mailer for the same card 3 weeks ago...he applied online and instantly got approved...Next day he received an email letting him know that his credit card is on the way and that he could track the shipment of it thru the link provided on that email...My brother deleted that email...Now its going to be 3 weeks and nothing in the mail...He did call Synchorny but got same answer as what OP got.....So, he is just waiting, but the whole this thing is very odd and doesn't seem right...

Message 5 of 12
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I wonder if Synch had way more approvals for this card than anticipated...

Message 6 of 12
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval! You will get it though who knows when though it's Synchrony!

>
Goal Cards:
Message 7 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your approval and I wouldnt worry about it yet, if you dont get it after 30 days thats the time to have it canceled and resent. Mail is absurdly slow these days.

Message 8 of 12
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your new CC.

Hoping you receive it very soon!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 9 of 12
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Synch+ approval 👍🏼

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.