Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Recon Question - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Recon Question - Update: Approved

I apped for the Paypal 2% Master Card last week after receiving several emails. I was instantly declined, and received my denial letter this morning via email. The last time I apped was in July and there was a list of reasons for the denial. This time around it was fir too many recent requests for credit only.

Has anyone had any luck with recon with them and if so, what reasoning have you used with them if it was for too many inquiries?

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to edit/change if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Recon Question

Synchrony will not recon. Period.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

*****Update******

Success with Synchrony on recon!!!!!

Varified my personal information and asked a few questions about my recent apps. Then she put me on jold for a few minutes and came back and much to my surprise said "congratulations you have been approved, and your sl is $2,000)!😃

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unheard of.
Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

First, congrats thats amazing. Second, Donny was correct, we just dont see this. Trying to get Synchrony to overturn a computer decision is like trying to decide if sunlight goes well with moonlightSmiley Wink

Did you get an actual letter or was this more verification type denial.? You might just kick off a recon race unlike the galaxy has ever seenSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
First, congrats thats amazing. Second, Donny was correct, we just dont see this. Trying to get Synchrony to overturn a computer decision is like trying to decide if sunlight goes well with moonlightSmiley Wink

Did you get an actual letter or was this more verification type denial.? You might just kick off a recon race unlike the galaxy has ever seenSmiley Wink

It had to be verification. Synchrony absolutely does not recon if you are declined.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was recently denied for a walmart store card through them. i got the 7-10 day notice. after reading that other called in and were approved after verification i decided to call and it turns out i was denied fot to mant recent requests for credit. i asked if they would recon and was told not at the moment but to reapply in the future

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feels like more of a verification issue.  Is it me, or are we seeing more and more denials and 7-10 day notices, and delays simply because there is some security issue or verification issue, or simply because if you want the card you HAVE to call in and ask for it.  People even getting approved for $500 starting lines with some banks but if you simply call them, the bank raises it to $5k as if for no logical reason.  I would say the new standard procedure is always call in regardless of the approval status or approved initial credit line.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP on your successful recon. It may be verification issue or a real recon either way i know all possibilities and probabilities exist. So ofcourse inspite of synch's apparent habits of not doing recon we can be open to change and new possibilities, if not now , i am sure sometime in future Smiley Wink

Enjoy your paypal 2% cash back card.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to add that in September of 2017 I called Sync for a Recon of my Wally card from a $700 ridiculous limit to $6k.  Since then I haven't been able to get them to budge.  This was through the offshore number...straight business no chit chat.  I have a 720 FICO and 30% Utilization, mid 100s income, 1.8mos AAOA, 0 mos newst account and 4 inquiries.

Last month my wife applied for a Banana Repulbic card at the POS.  After she was approved I encouraged her to call.  She called the onshore number.  They were really nice, asked some background questions about her intentions.  Her $1,600 limit went to $5k.  765 FICO and 8% utilization, she tacks on my income so upper 100s, 4yrs AAOA, 6 Mos newest account and 2 inquiries.

I called the offshore number today on a Chevron Visa and they were no go.  I laughed to myself because I know that in 90 days I plan to SD every card below 6k.  I will buy a pair of socks on each card yearly for the SD just to keep them cozy and to pad my utilization.  Today my FICO is a 749, Utilization 6%, Inquiries 13, New Accounts 25 and the rest of my stats above are the same.  I'm surprised they even approved me given the number of new accounts.

The point of my post?  Especially long after this one has died down?  Just to point out that Sync does recon...sometimes.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.