@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your Sam's Club CLI!

@CreditAggie  Thank you!

Message 12 of 15
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Sam's Club WEMC CLI

@sto0pyd wrote:

Congrats! Is CS still the preferred route to ask for a CLI? I was under the impression that they now use the same model whether you ask online or speak to CS.

I've had my card for a little less than a year. My card started with a limit of $2,500, and I think that it was started so low was due to my Experian being frozen. I was also given the highest APR on the card. They tried pulling Experian first, then they pulled Transunion. I was surprised I got approved since they'll usually deny an application if they are not able to pull a report from any of the bureaus. I assumed that my limit was as low as it was due to the frozen report. I got a CLI after 5 months and it bumped it up to $5k. I've been trying every month to get another CLI and have failed.

I have other Synchrony issued cards with higher limits (Venmo @ $20k with the lowest APR, and Paypal @ $20k which also has their lowest APR).

@sto0pyd  Thank you! As far as I know you can get credit limits by calling, using the website and app. The only issue is there were a lot of people saying the highest you can go by asking for a CLI for the Sam's card on the app and website is $10K. I had aspirations of going to $25k and since I was already at $8K I didn't want to limit myself to only $2K by asking online.  That's why I called and from my experience it was worth it to go that route.  It was quick, painless and very successful.

I know based on a lot of posts it seems to be at 4 to 6 month wait to get your first limit increase and then at least a 6 month window between your limit increase and when you're eligible for another. Sorry to hear that you've been getting denied on your additional requests. Hopefully soon you'll get the increase on the Sam's card you're seeking! I'm happy to hear at least you've been able to grow your other cards with Synchrony at least! Best wishes to you going forward with your Sam's card and credit journey! 

Message 13 of 15
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your credit increase from Synchrony bank. You can ask for increase every 90 days, it is best wate for 3 billing sycles they like to see 3 payments in role.

Message 14 of 15
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Congratulations on your credit increase from Synchrony bank. You can ask for increase every 90 days, it is best wate for 3 billing sycles they like to see 3 payments in role.

@firefox100 thank you so much for the congrats and 90 days info! Sorry for the delayed reply. Not sure how I missed this reply a few weeks ago but glad I finally did see your reply! 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.