Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Triple CLIs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Triple CLIs

I got my three Synchrony cards to $10,000 each.  Sams, Lowes and EBates.  Hopefully I didn't draw too much attention to myself with the requests so close together.  I was told to go back to Lowes and ask for $35,000 but I might do so in a year or so.  Don't want to go to the top of the review list at the bank.  Just got my first $10,000 line a few days ago and now I have three.  I am definitely cancelling a $2,200 card and a $3,250 card when the payments post.  It will be the best year ever if and when the UNC tar heels get their NCAA penalties and more probation.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Triple CLIs

Just because you now have 4 cards at 10K the issue is going to be with 3 of them being with the same lender.  Said lender is prone to shutting people down over the last year unless they provide 4506 income information and sometimes even after that they still get shutdown.  Maybe not rushing to kill your 2 cards from another lender would be more prudent.  Of course if they're charging you to keep them then it's a pro/con battle of keeping lender diversity.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I set a goal of $10,000 and got it.  I have another goal of 800 FICO.  I am not far away.  If it falls back down into the high 700s after breaking the 800 barrier I still achieved the goal I set for myself.  I am not seeking another Synchrony account.  I see lots of people with multiple AMex cards around here.  I also have 2 Citi, 2 Chase and 2 Comenity cards.  Soon to be 2 Citi, 1 Chase and 1 Comenity card.  I stick to a budget monthly and if cards have to be closed they have to be closed.  I achieved my goal.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I agree that Synchrony can be difficult so having three cards with them you can count on may not be wise. Your call, though.  I would keep at least one of the cards you are thinking about cancelling just for the diversity. Just my take on it. Good luck whatever you do. It sounds like you have a solid plan.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.