cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony app spree 3x approvals! (With Data Points)

tag
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

Synchrony app spree 3x approvals! (With Data Points)

After 4 months in the garden I decided to pull the lever on two Sync/PayPal products. Pulled the lever on both the PayPal 2% Cashback Mastercard (new daily driver) and PayPal credit (hidden tradeline is nice). Both approved!

$2,500 SL on the 2% CB Mastercard

$1,250 SL on PayPal credit

Data Points:

TU FICO8: 710

AAoA: 11 months

Inq: 12 in the last year, 5 in the last 6 months

New Accts: 8 in the last year, 4 in the last 6 months

Utilization: 21%

Baddies: None

The SL on the Mastercard was in line with what I had hoped for as a starting SL, I hear this one CLIs quickly. I was a bit disappointed with the SL on PayPal credit, as I use PayPal quite a bit and the 6 mos interest free would have come in handy if it was a bigger SL. But beggers can't be choosers. A year ago I could barely get a Credit One card.

Update: After three glasses of cabernet I went online shopping on Amazon and got a  store card invite. Since I was on a Synchronous roll today I went ahead and apped. $900 SL approved - Sync actually pulled Experian (648) on this one. Done cutting the grass, watering myExperian seedlings until I get a prequal from Amex.

So far I have two inquiries on TU and one on EX.

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
11 REPLIES 11
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synchrony app spree 3x approvals! (With Data Points)

Congrats on the approvals! It seems like Synchrony is starting to pull from Experian a good bit now. Several have reported Experian pulls on Amazon and Walmart so far.
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have done really help your re-build so far. Congrats! I would garden with your garden for 6 months so that Synchrony does not blue-envelope or CLD you for applying for too much credit within a short period of time. They are like how Barclay's is with new accounts in a way. Smiley Wink 

Message 3 of 12
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You have done really help your re-build so far. Congrats! I would garden with your garden for 6 months so that Synchrony does not blue-envelope or CLD you for applying for too much credit within a short period of time. 

Two votes for this OP.  Congrats on the approvals, and I also recommend the garden for a while.  You have a couple well known cards in your signature now, I'd work on building up the history/CLI's, and eventually closing Credit One prior to apping for anything else.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 5 of 12
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

Thank you!

Out of all the hard things you encounter on a rebuilding journey, gardening is the real test of will power lol

Current FICO8:

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayjayhawaii wrote:

Thank you!

Out of all the hard things you encounter on a rebuilding journey, gardening is the real test of will power lol

this is 100% true lol

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!  Just be aware that Synchrony is known to taketh away as readily as giveth!  

Message 8 of 12
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approvals!  Just be aware that Synchrony is known to taketh away as readily as giveth!  

Thank you. What are some things Synchrony is known to taketh away for, and how does one best nurture Synchrony accounts?

I now have four of them.

Current FICO8:

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayjayhawaii wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. What are some things Synchrony is known to taketh away for, and how does one best nurture Synchrony accounts?

I now have four of them.

I've heard and read horror stories on here about people racking up multiple Synch accounts only to have them closed just as quickly after Synch seemingly realizes the extent to which they've given approvals.  Likewise, I remember recently reading a CLI spree that seems to have triggered a review of accounts and subsequent closures.  Don't get me wrong, there are many who have multiple Synch CCs that never have any complaints.  I have Care Credit through Synchrony and have zero complaints as to how they've treated me.  They do seem to be like a horse encountering a rattlesnake often times though.  Treat your accounts well, don't get too greedy too quickly with multiple CLI requests across the board just because they are SP requests, and you'll hopefully be one of the many who have zero issues.  Just a little food for thought.  If you do a general search for Synchrony you'll likely find many threads that have much more in the way of detail, and likely there will be people who can expand a bit here on this thread as well.  Welcome to the forums and best of luck!

@jayjayhawaii wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I now have four of them.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.