Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synovus Cash Rewards $20,000!!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Synovus Cash Rewards $20,000!!!

So I just went on a mini-spree and locked down a Schwab Amex ($10k), PNC Cash Rewards VS ($10k), USB Altitude Reserve VI ($25k) and BofA Biz Cash Rewards WMC ($3.5k). I had my eye on one more nugget, thanks to @CreditCuriosity post from 2018, and it looked favorable.

Synovus Bank:

• If you're not an existing customer you have to apply in branch
  • You don't have to have a checking and/or savings product to apply for it; the CC can be your only product with them
  • SE Regional Bank (AL, FL, GA, SC, TN) - unclear how firm they are about geo-restriction apps
  • Not inquiry sensitive; Not new account sensitive 
  • EQ HP for new accounts, banker shared 680+ lends itself to approvals (but YMMV)

Applied for Synovus Cash Rewards Visa card (not sure if it comes in a Visa Signature variety)

• 3% Dining (no caps)
  • 3% Quarterly Dynamic Category (you pick a category from Gas, Grocery, Retail, Maintenance, Healthcare, Business Services, Travel or Entertainment) < $3,000 cap per quarter (highest I've seen for any quarterly option)
  • 1% Everything Else
  • Includes PRIMARY CDW for car rentals (this was a surprise perk and have it in writing in the T&Cs)
  • $0 Annual Fee
  • Strong profiles = generous starting lines
  • EQ puller

Applied with the banker and and got an instant approval

• $20,000 Starting Limit
  • 11.49% APR (pretty competitive for card with rewards like this)
  • EQ HP 764
  • No prior relationship with Synovus, ever

New Accounts: 17/24mo, 6/12mo, 0/6mo

Inquiries: 19/24mo, 8/12mo, 3/6mo

Total Credit: $400k across 20 cards so they don't play the "You have sufficient available credit" game

OK, this makes 5 for 5 so I'm quitting while I'm ahead (unlike my gambling habits) and heading to the garden! Smiley Happy Feeling Solid! 

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 2.19.04 PM.png

**UPDATE**

Take note in case you're looking to apply for this card and dont have any other products with Synovus. You can get this card exclusively without having to open a checking/savings account, BUT

Synovus has 2 online platforms. 

• One for customers who have the card + checking and/or savings
  • One for customer who only have the card

The platform designed for cardholders only does not have an app, which I learned after trying to register and getting failed errors repeatedly. They have a "card alerts" app to manage alerts, but that's all it does. If you want to check balances or anything like that you'll have to log in on a PC. I'm driven by apps so if you're looking to get this card (alone) keep that in mind. Synovus recently launched an app refresh, but you need to have a checking and/or savings to be able to access it Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Synovus Cash Rewards $15,000!!!

WOW CONGRATS Smiley Happy Love the APR Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 53
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the MEGA SL! Awesome coverage too!

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 53
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Congrats...

Btw, your title says $15k Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 53
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

WOW CONGRATS Smiley Happy Love the APR Smiley Happy

Thanks Joe! The APR is definetly a good one. The stats overall felt very Navy-ish (no relationship, big lines and good APR options) lol 

Message 5 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synovus Cash Rewards $20,000!!!

Congratulations! You can't stop now, you only have $13.8K to go!!

Message 6 of 53
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

Congrats...

Btw, your title says $15k Smiley Tongue

Thanks gabcruz and imaximous! Not sure why I wrote that but I updated it lol I know before I went in I was hoping for $15k at least lol must have been thinking it pretty hard Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 53
JaseT
Established Contributor

Congrats! Nice spree you've had! Smiley Happy

P.S. Try leaving a dollar or two for the rest of us!  Smiley Tongue

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 8 of 53
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

congrats again @credit_is_crack your batteries are full of charge  nicely done Smiley Happy

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 9 of 53
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! You can't stop now, you only have $13.8K to go!!

Took me a second to figure out what you were referring to. Didn't even realize I was approaching $450,000 lol might have to do some research to see how I can snag up the remaining $13k and call it an even $450k!

Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.