Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TARGET AUTO CLI WEEEE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TARGET AUTO CLI WEEEE!

Hey there guys! Just wanted to share some news about my Target card in case anyone else is wondering about their own accounts. I opened the Target redcard (credit not debit) in August of 2018 with an sl of $300. The first statement cut in September and then in December right before the 4th statement was going to cut, I got an auto cli of $200 so then it sat at $500. And today, one day before the 7th statement is about to cut, I received another auto cli of $200 which brings it up to $700. I know it isn't much and some of you have gotten greater amounts but I am hysterically happy lol. My 4th statement with Discover cuts in a few days and still no luv (luv button denials all over), and I'll get a 4th statement with Chase by mid April and from what I've read, sometimes 4 is the magic number for auto luv from them (not going to take an HP for it) so we'll see. The luv button finally appeared for my walmart card but have been denied twice (only one statement has cut, 2nd one will be next month). I was told by a rep that new accounts have to wait at least 60 days before asking for a cli so I'll try again after that 2nd statement. 

ps. How can I put in my stats and what cards I have etc like most of you have so that I don't have to keep writing it in?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: TARGET AUTO CLI WEEEE!

Congratulations!!    And you should be happy, and proud!  An increase is an increase regardess of amount - it shows you're doing something right (especially when it's auto and not requested Smiley Wink). 

and...thread:  THIS IS HOW YOU ADD CREDIT CARD PICS TO YOUR PROFILE

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 12
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The luv button finally appeared for my walmart card but have been denied twice (only one statement has cut, 2nd one will be next month). I was told by a rep that new accounts have to wait at least 60 days before asking for a cli so I'll try again after that 2nd statement. 

First, weeeeee!!!!! Congrats!  Also, thank you for posting the above.  I've been hitting that ding, dang, dong button ever since it showed up on hubby's but to no avail. ( 1.5 months).  Enjoy!Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 12
JaseT
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey there guys! Just wanted to share some news about my Target card in case anyone else is wondering about their own accounts. I opened the Target redcard (credit not debit) in August of 2018 with an sl of $300. The first statement cut in September and then in December right before the 4th statement was going to cut, I got an auto cli of $200 so then it sat at $500. And today, one day before the 7th statement is about to cut, I received another auto cli of $200 which brings it up to $700. I know it isn't much and some of you have gotten greater amounts but I am hysterically happy lol. My 4th statement with Discover cuts in a few days and still no luv (luv button denials all over), and I'll get a 4th statement with Chase by mid April and from what I've read, sometimes 4 is the magic number for auto luv from them (not going to take an HP for it) so we'll see. The luv button finally appeared for my walmart card but have been denied twice (only one statement has cut, 2nd one will be next month). I was told by a rep that new accounts have to wait at least 60 days before asking for a cli so I'll try again after that 2nd statement. 

ps. How can I put in my stats and what cards I have etc like most of you have so that I don't have to keep writing it in?

Congrats! 2 Questions....are you letting a balance report each month? Are you updating your income each month?

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the congrats! Other than the first statement that had a $10.56 balance that I paid in full, I have been carrying a balance month to month and I use it at least once a month to get essentials. I started paying just the minimum since it pretty much would cover what I had charged, but some months I went twice so that is why I'm still carrying a balance but I now pay slightly more than the min. I read somewhere on here that Target likes for you to carry a balance so that's why I've kept it going and voila, 2 auto cli's since opening account in August! I hadn't updated my income when I received the first cli, but after reading the threads on here I started doing it. It hasn't changed, so I just keep putting in the same number. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the thread! I opened it and was instantly overwhelmed (not very computer savvy as far as the extras go) soooooo I guess I'll have to ask someone to help with that. In the meantime, I'll try to post some stats in the tag adding section. I said TRY, we'll see how that goes lol....

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on rare auto luv CLI !!!

Message 7 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Any increase is a good one. Go to My Settings>>Personal Information>> Signature and type away. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 12
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the auto-CLIs - hopefully this is only the beginning for you!
Message 9 of 12
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your auto CLI!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.