Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TARGET CLI - UPGRADO TO MC - AND I HAVE A QUESTION

tag
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

TARGET CLI - UPGRADO TO MC - AND I HAVE A QUESTION

Long story short, in less than a year, about 9 months, my target red card went from $300 SL to $4k and an upgrade to MC. After this months statement cut of, it will be a MC and they said i should receive my card in about 2 weeks after statement cut off. 

My question is, how does CLI work on MC version. Same as red card, which is whenever they feel like it, or can you call and ask for a cli, and if you can, is it a SP or HP?

Thanks in advance!

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Re: TARGET CLI - UPGRADO TO MC - AND I HAVE A QUESTION

Congrats. Did you ask for the upgrade?

Message 2 of 14
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@mystikal1 wrote:

Congrats. Did you ask for the upgrade?

Funny thing is seeing people here getting upgrades recently, i had emailed CS on june 17th, asking if/how i could get an upgrade to MC version, and here is their response.

"Thanks for taking the time to write us!

At this time, we're not opening new Target MasterCard accounts or accepting requests to upgrade existing REDcard accounts to the Target MasterCard.

We hope that you'll still enjoy the benefits of your current REDcard and use it in your local Target store and online at Target.com to save 5% and get free shipping every day. Click 'REDcard Benefits Program Rules' above for details.

Thanks for being a valued and loyal guest since 2015!

Sincerely,
Target Card Services, servicer to TD Bank USA, N.A."

A week after this, i go home and my -soon to be exwife- gives me 2 letters from Target. I knew one was for the cli that i had gotten, and when i opened the second letter, it was to congratulate me for my upgrade to MC. I think i was really lucky to go from $300 to $4K and the upgrade to MC in 7 months. Opened account end of october 2015 and the upgrade letter came on june 24th, which was a nice bday gift for me Smiley Happy

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with target I call to ask about upgrading my card to a master card .

And WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
She states you'll call at the right time
Target is switching to master card and getting rid of the store card she said you should be be getting a letter with the information. And soon after your new credit card oooo and also we are incriseing the spending limit . HOPE ITS TRUE .
Message 4 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

congrats on your new MC.

Message 5 of 14
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Joortiz3 wrote:
Just got off the phone with target I call to ask about upgrading my card to a master card .

And WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
She states you'll call at the right time
Target is switching to master card and getting rid of the store card she said you should be be getting a letter with the information. And soon after your new credit card oooo and also we are incriseing the spending limit . HOPE ITS TRUE .

Sounds like they may be phasing out the store card in the long run. If you see an interesting cli pattern in a matter of 2 months, with the second cli being significantly larger then the first, that's a sign you are being upgraded to the MC. My first cli was $300 to $800 in/4 month period i guess (atthe statement cut off.) Then 3 months later $800 to $1300, then i was assuming i would get another $500 cli in 3 months, just a month after the last cli, in june, i logged in to my account a day after statement cut off and saw they cli'ed me to $4K, and then came the letter for the upgrade. Ironically, i had emailed CS a week before and was told that they were not opening new MC accounts or taking any applications at the moment Smiley Happy Go figure! Regardless, there seems to be quite a few people getting the upgrade, so definitely they are going thru some changes at the moment, and as far as the cli's go, they seem to be giving away more than usual, and to a bigger crowd. Hope it tays this way for everyone.

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KSK1912 wrote:

Long story short, in less than a year, about 9 months, my target red card went from $300 SL to $4k and an upgrade to MC. After this months statement cut of, it will be a MC and they said i should receive my card in about 2 weeks after statement cut off. 

My question is, how does CLI work on MC version. Same as red card, which is whenever they feel like it, or can you call and ask for a cli, and if you can, is it a SP or HP?

Thanks in advance!

Nice, congrats on the CLI. They are changing the structure so we don't know how they will be with CLI's in the future. I can tell you that I received the 2nd CLI after severla years. Maybe because I am part of the old account which are part under different program.

Message 7 of 14
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Nice, congrats on the CLI. They are changing the structure so we don't know how they will be with CLI's in the future. I can tell you that I received the 2nd CLI after severla years. Maybe because I am part of the old account which are part under different program.

Yes Mia,

seems like where the older accounts are getting next to no luv, newer accounts seem to grow a lot faster. Is yours the regular Red card or the MC?

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Yes Mia,

seems like where the older accounts are getting next to no luv, newer accounts seem to grow a lot faster. Is yours the regular Red card or the MC?

Yes, I have the card since 1997. Red card then converted to visa in 2004 and last year MC

Message 9 of 14
ddemari
Super Contributor

mia what's your limit on your mc? I'm just curious lol! 10-20k?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.