Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TD Ameritrade Client Rewards Visa approved after recon

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

TD Ameritrade Client Rewards Visa approved after recon

I got the TD Aeroplan Visa back in October 2015 after recon and was approved for $22,000.  Thought what the heck, approvals are far and in between these days so I decided to try my luck with TD again.  Instant denial (for obvious reasons: inquiries, AAoA).  Called in to see if they could do manual review.  Took 9 days but called today and was approved.  Not the amount I was hoping for but I'll take it and see if I can grown it.  $500 limit.  1.5% cashback and $100 statement credit after spending $500 in 90 days.  No annual fee.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: TD Ameritrade Client Rewards Visa approved after recon

@12njoy wrote:

I got the TD Aeroplan Visa back in October 2015 after recon and was approved for $22,000.  Thought what the heck, approvals are far and in between these days so I decided to try my luck with TD again.  Instant denial (for obvious reasons: inquiries, AAoA).  Called in to see if they could do manual review.  Took 9 days but called today and was approved.  Not the amount I was hoping for but I'll take it and see if I can grown it.  $500 limit.  1.5% cashback and $100 statement credit after spending $500 in 90 days.  No annual fee.

Congratulations, but I would definitely take the $500 limit for what it is: a sign that you should probably sit in the garden for awhile and stop adding new accounts. Your profile can never really recover if you keep doing it. I'm not saying that to be rude, just that $500 approvals tend to mean it's time for a break. But congrats on the approval.

Message 2 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Congratulations, but I would definitely take the $500 limit for what it is: a sign that you should probably sit in the garden for awhile and stop adding new accounts. Your profile can never really recover if you keep doing it. I'm not saying that to be rude, just that $500 approvals tend to mean it's time for a break. But congrats on the approval.

Sound advice Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 18
12njoy
Super Contributor

No argument on the advice and did not find it offensive in any way.  I agree with the advice but will apply when an opportunity appears to be of interest to me.  For example, I was approved for the Citi AA for $7,000 this past week.  My application rate has slowed to almost a crawl.  The garden should be where I reside I know, but I am not there just yet.  Again, I agree with the advice.  

___________ 12Njoy
Message 4 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

No argument on the advice and did not find it offensive in any way.  I agree with the advice but will apply when an opportunity appears to be of interest to me.  For example, I was approved for the Citi AA for $7,000 this past week.  My application rate has slowed to almost a crawl.  The garden should be where I reside I know, but I am not there just yet.  Again, I agree with the advice.  

With that nice jacked overall total i think that i might have turned attention away from TD and reeled in another H0T catch with someone else? Smiley Very Happy

But that's just me 12njoy Smiley Wink

An approval is still just that though, an approval!

Congrats!

Message 5 of 18
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

With that nice jacked overall total i think that i might have turned attention away from TD and reeled in another H0T catch with someone else? Smiley Very Happy

But that's just me 12njoy Smiley Wink

An approval is still just that though, an approval!

Congrats!

Thanks CM7.  We'll see where this ends up in a year's time.  TD is a keeper for me, given the difficulties people here have had with them.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 12 on the approval though the amount is probably telling you something at least in regards to TD. 

Message 7 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats 12!!

Agree with your statement of..."if it suits you and your needs".

Regardless of "needs", even if its just a "want", or an "urge", its still your choice! All of us know our personal limits, and what each CRA can take and tolerate.

Some times we pushed the limits, sometimes we don't...Nice job on the approval, and it will grow I'm sure Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats 12 on the approval though the amount is probably telling you something at least in regards to TD. 

12enjoy is not a "newbie" to credit, and doesnt need to be told that SL limits tell them something.  

btw...a "denial" would tell me something....not an approval, even for $500...Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

12enjoy is not a "newbie" to credit, and doesnt need to be told that SL limits tell them something.  

btw...a "denial" would tell me something....not an approval, even for $500...Smiley Wink

Oh I'm well aware of that. At that level of CL's that 12njoy has it's gotta be tough to figure out who might give the next approval and if so what it might be. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.