cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJX Rewards card upgrade to Mastercard ! and a question for you !

tag
stancil70
Contributor

TJX Rewards card upgrade to Mastercard ! and a question for you !

I logged in to pay my TJX bill last night and had a message that I had been selected to upgrade to the Mastercard version.  I accepted, doesn't appear to be a hard pull, as I haven't gotten any dings on my credit reports yet.  TJX store card limit was $2500, Mastercard was upped to $3500.  This is my first Synchrony Mastercard ... what do they like to see on the non-store cards?  And are they good with CLI?  

My Wallet: Chase Freedom Unlimited 2k; Chase Amazon Prime 30k; Chase IHG 500; Chase Disney 15k; Chase Mariott Bonvoy 23.7k; Barclays Carnival 11.1k; Barclay Rewards 1.9k; Cap 1 Savor 15k, Cap 1 Walmart 10k; Cap 1 QS 6.7k; Cap 1 Pottery Barn 18.2k; Discover It 12k; Citi Rewards 14.7k; Citi DC 14k; Citi Simplicity 16.8k; Citi Custom Cash 3k; Amex Goldno pre-set limit; Amex BCE 5.1k; Amex Hilton 40k; Amex Magnet 5.5k; Amex Macys 19.7k; Amex Delta 20k; BOA Cash Rewards 75k; BOA Travel Rewards 15.2k; Wells Fargo Active Cash 22k; Best Buy Visa 3.3; BP Visa 4k; Target MC 4k; Kohls 3k; Nordstrom 1k; Apple MC 15k; Penfed Power Cash 8.8k; Penfed Platinum 10k; Various Comenity MC/Visa 72.6k/ Various Synchrony MC/Visa 83.5k. Total Credit Lines: $597,150k, utilization less than 1%. FICO scores 775 - 800; Annual Income $250k
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Re: TJX Rewards card upgrade to Mastercard ! and a question for you !

I can't answer your question, but I would certainly like to congratulate you on the upgrade. Congrats!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 2 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade! Chances are when they close the store card and open the Mastercard it will be a new TL. That's what happened when my Walmart card was upgraded.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 15
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

@stancil70 wrote:

I logged in to pay my TJX bill last night and had a message that I had been selected to upgrade to the Mastercard version.  I accepted, doesn't appear to be a hard pull, as I haven't gotten any dings on my credit reports yet.  TJX store card limit was $2500, Mastercard was upped to $3500.  This is my first Synchrony Mastercard ... what do they like to see on the non-store cards?  And are they good with CLI?  

I have the JC Penney Mastercard and also limit was increased when upgraded from store card

I use mine like I normally do for store purchases then every blue moon outside the store or esp. if they run some kind of point promo. I will say that the MC rewards are counted different than the usual store ones,you'll still get any store rewards,but you will also get MC ones too. You'll get more info on it.

For me I found using the CLI button to work well or using automated line, some Synch have a chat feature which you can use also.

Usually every 3 mths I got CLI's till my current limit.

Good Luck !!!!!!!!

*edit:  Forgot Congrats !!!Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 15
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats on the upgrade! Chances are when they close the store card and open the Mastercard it will be a new TL. That's what happened when my Walmart card was upgraded.

+1 on that,, also happened to me on upgradeSmiley LOL

Message 5 of 15
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

Grats on your upgrade. I hav TJX and personally speaking, even if it wasnt an MC I'd still hav kept it since thats my go-to-joint.... and Burlington..... and Micro Center..... and Sports Authority..... and Lids..... and........ never mind (lol).  Grats again - enjoy the upgrade.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job!! Enjoy it.

Message 7 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats! you must be doing something right to get the offer! Have you had the card for 6, 12 or 18 months or longer than that??

With Synch. bank its a mystery what they look for. But useage and payment, obviously help. 

Message 8 of 15
stancil70
Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Congrats! you must be doing something right to get the offer! Have you had the card for 6, 12 or 18 months or longer than that??

With Synch. bank its a mystery what they look for. But useage and payment, obviously help. 

I got it in October of 2014, so I've had it for 9 months.  Have had a lot of my Synchrony cards longer, but this is the first upgrade I've gotten.  I would also say this is the one that I use the least out of all of them!  I've probably run $400 through it in 9 months.  

My Wallet: Chase Freedom Unlimited 2k; Chase Amazon Prime 30k; Chase IHG 500; Chase Disney 15k; Chase Mariott Bonvoy 23.7k; Barclays Carnival 11.1k; Barclay Rewards 1.9k; Cap 1 Savor 15k, Cap 1 Walmart 10k; Cap 1 QS 6.7k; Cap 1 Pottery Barn 18.2k; Discover It 12k; Citi Rewards 14.7k; Citi DC 14k; Citi Simplicity 16.8k; Citi Custom Cash 3k; Amex Goldno pre-set limit; Amex BCE 5.1k; Amex Hilton 40k; Amex Magnet 5.5k; Amex Macys 19.7k; Amex Delta 20k; BOA Cash Rewards 75k; BOA Travel Rewards 15.2k; Wells Fargo Active Cash 22k; Best Buy Visa 3.3; BP Visa 4k; Target MC 4k; Kohls 3k; Nordstrom 1k; Apple MC 15k; Penfed Power Cash 8.8k; Penfed Platinum 10k; Various Comenity MC/Visa 72.6k/ Various Synchrony MC/Visa 83.5k. Total Credit Lines: $597,150k, utilization less than 1%. FICO scores 775 - 800; Annual Income $250k
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations...

In my wallet: Venture 15k; Barclay Ring 12.5k; Discover 10k; PenFed Promise 10k; CareCredit 7.7k; Amazon Store Card 5k. QS 5k; BA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BA Platinum Visa 2k; Barclay Apple Rewards 2k. Total Credit: 76,200. 7/2-FICO: EQ - 788; TU - 779; EX - 690; Utilization: 12%; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 7 TU: 7; EX 3; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 7/7. Gardening until further notice.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.