cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRUIST APPROVALS WITHOUT EVEN A SOFT PULL ON EQUIFAX,WHAT ?

tag
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Re: TRUIST APPROVALS WITHOUT EVEN A SOFT PULL ON EQUIFAX,WHAT ?

It works that way, however like with BB&T I get pre approved but they can't match me up electronically and have to go into branch to finish. A branch is 3.5 hrs away from me.

Current Scores

Message 21 of 37
WavysMommy
Regular Contributor

I had like 3 offers from the link. Maybe 4. Can't remember. I got the 2-3 day message after applying.

We'll see what happens......

Message 22 of 37
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I can't get the pre-approval anymore but cold applied and was approved $5k.

Cold applied for SunTrust - declined!

LOL

Message 23 of 37
UpperWeb
Established Member

keep on trying, there website is buggy. If it says like no offers now, just keep on trying each week thats what I did.There website is as messed up.And don't try calling CC, youll be on the phone on hold an hour,Lol.............

Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 BBT cards from back before the merger. I was curious so I clicked on the link and it pre approved for 5 differet cards. None of which are like my BBT cards. I did not complete the application right now. It is the same qualification tool BBT had prior to merger, suntrust would decline me everytime and so would BBT but one day it showed approvals for the 3 cards they offered, got the 2 and then declined the third grab. Congrats on your success.

Message 25 of 37
WavysMommy
Regular Contributor

They pulled my Equifax this a.m., so no SP only. Hoping some positive news in a couple a days.

Message 26 of 37
JTSnowy

Website is for sure working right now. I already have 4 BB&T cards. Not approved for any offers. Wife is an AU on all 4 cards but doesn't have any cards with BB&T/Truist herself.

We just tried for her and she had 5 offers. Approved for Truist Enjoy Cash 1.5% @ $6500 SL. Also approved for the Truist Future card for $6500.

Kind of ticks me off that her SL is higher on both cards than mine are with BB&T (all of mine were $4500). My credit is a good bit better. I think Truist has increased the average SL compared to mid-2020/early-2021 when COVID was such a major economic concern. 

Message 27 of 37
WavysMommy
Regular Contributor

So.....I got an alert to a new bank account(listed as BB&T on Experian) being opened on 1/10/22, but no official email that I was approved for card.

Did this happen to anyone else? 

Message 28 of 37
Sharpism
Valued Member

When they were still BB&T, both for myself as well as other members that applied when they were the FOTM (flavor of the month), they reported fairly quickly (usually within a week and before the card(s) came in the mail) but I don't recall reading that anybody never recieved an approval email/notification in the way you describe. Although, most everybody got an instant approval, myself included.

I would speculate that you've been approved based on the information you provided. Have you looked at the new account on Experian to see what credit limit they gave you?

Would you mind sharing what your credit profile looked like at the time of application? Scores, utilizations, inquires, etc

Message 29 of 37
WavysMommy
Regular Contributor

@Sharpism wrote:

When they were still BB&T, both for myself as well as other members that applied when they were the FOTM (flavor of the month), they reported fairly quickly (usually within a week and before the card(s) came in the mail) but I don't recall reading that anybody never recieved an approval email/notification in the way you describe. Although, most everybody got an instant approval, myself included.

I would speculate that you've been approved based on the information you provided. Have you looked at the new account on Experian to see what credit limit they gave you?

Would you mind sharing what your credit profile looked like at the time of application? Scores, utilizations, inquires, etc

I think you were responding to me. If not, apologies.

It doesn't show my limit on the Experian update just yet. Just received an alert that basically said the inquiry on 1/9 resulted in an opened account on 1/10.

My scores range from 655 to 670 right now. I have 10 inquiries on equifax. I think 5 in the last 12 months. Under 16% overall utilization. BK reporting(discharged August 2019). 

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.