Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take that, Citi!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take that, Citi!

Congrats. Let the card swipes do the talking. I like it.
Message 11 of 23
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats. Let the card swipes do the talking. I like it.

I'd have kept the card if they'd maintained the pre-2017 meganerf benefits. I'd have willingly accepted a higher AF. But now the Prestige's benefits will be so few they really don't justify the extra complexity for me when I won't be using it as my main travel card.

I also look forward to earning proper URs again, instead of lower-value TYs.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 23
redpat
Senior Contributor

Congrats, out with the old and in with the new.

Chase shopping portal is great to get more of those UR points.  I pick-up my New Balance’s at 10x and Bose for some accessories for 6x.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

10x new balance nice! I think I got 5x on my 1800petmeds.
Message 14 of 23
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
10x new balance nice! I think I got 5x on my 1800petmeds.

5x 👍

We use both chase and AA shopping portals all the time.  We dumped Amazon a year ago.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 15 of 23
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I wear NB. I've been using Joe's New Balance Outlet, buying (discontinued?) 993's instead of switching to the 990v4. The portal options for NB are certainly attractive, and I'll use them when I switch models.

Shoes might remain with Citi for price protection, though. A weakened benefit still beats no benefit. The CSR is more for travel and dining.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like Citi is almost at the same level as Credit One now... Or at least when it comes to "likability." 

Nobody likes thrifty corporations with no morals. At least the other major banks pretend to care about their customers. 

Message 17 of 23
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems like Citi is almost at the same level as Credit One now... Or at least when it comes to "likability." 

Nobody likes thrifty corporations with no morals. At least the other major banks pretend to care about their customers. 

Citi AA exec is a great card.  They fell flat on their face with Prestige and lost trying to compete w/ Amex Plat.  At least Amex lets you app w/ no HPs which is great customer service.  I didn’t have to go through the trouble of unfreezing EX before I applied for my Hilton, BRG,, Biz Plat, PRG and SPG over the last couple of years.

As you can see Amex has become my go to CCC for service and products that they offer for my Business and Personal credit card needs.  

As as for the need of calling customer service I really never had to call any of them.  I just swipe and pay and I don’t need to talk to them and they don’t need to talk to me, I like that relationship.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm ... we know of one other major bank that cares only about their pocket book! Citi isn't alone I am afraid Smiley Mad

Message 19 of 23
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval and that sweet SL!  

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.