Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target CLI - Again!

tag
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Target CLI - Again!

Some people might see my replies in Target threads about my REDcard history.

Now I can finally start my own thread since this is my first CLI since joining here 😊

I'll make a long story short:

Jan 2011 - stepdad applied instore after being asked if he wanted to apply. He was approved for $500

He came home and I was just trying to start working on my credit so asked if I could be put on as a joint account holder. He never shops at Target since the nearest one is 45 miles away. I have solely used the card and have always paid on time. Always carry a maxed out balance, though.

Fast forward to early 2016. Went two months without using the card, first time not using the card since I got it. Got first auto CLI from $500 to $700.

About 3 months later, another auto CLI from $700 to $1000

Another 3 months later, CLI from $1000 to $1300

About 2 months ago, another CLI from $1300 to $1700

Just got my monthly email statement and know that is when they have been giving me CLIs, so rushed to the Target site and what do you know, another CLI! This time my biggest yet! Now it's at $2500

I know this is a toy limit compared to most people's cards here, but for me it's huge. Just to be 'rewarded' for always paying on time means a lot to me, especially since I have been paying it down the past few months.

I was nervous that once I paid it down they would do a CLD.

Anyways, thanks for listening 😊🎉
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Re: Target CLI - Again!

Can't find where to edit my original post on my phone, but here are my current Fico 08's according to CCT:

EX: 627, TU: 621, EQ: 625
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't used my Target card in about six months. Well I use it in the store and pay it off instantly in the store so I don't carry a balance and just checked my card online and I got a CLI from $900 to $2,000. Yay!

And congrats! It feels good when you finally grow up and start paying attention to your credit and showing that you are responsible. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 23
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Anything over $200 is impressive for Target Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go Total80sKidSmiley Happy.

No way is $2500 a toy limit on Target. Thats like having a Csr haha. You are doing great. I truel meant it when i say the Target train has left the station. Forget Disco, this puppy is starting to wake up and wants to go play with the big dogsSmiley Wink

Keep paying down your other cards and as your utilization drops, your limits will rise. BE happy and proud, this is a big dealSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 23
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Very impressive pattern of CLIs. I'm sure you've seen my story with them, and even having scores in the 700s and clean reports it took about 168 payments before they ever gave me a CLI and they even CLD'd me when it became a Visa card around 2004! So your progress with them is impressive and your line is larger than my 15 year old card was until just last week!
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I hope mine grows there. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 23
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Since I'm not using any of my cards right now since they are all in the 50%-80% balance range, this $800 bump will hopefully lower my overall UTI
Message 8 of 23
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI's. With the latest ones coming 2/3 month intervals, i guarantee you you are on your way to being converted to Target MC. Same thing happened to me except they were really nice to me. From $300 store card to $4K MC in less than a year. CLI's were $300 to $800 to $1300 to $4k with converting to MC.  I would not be suprised to see a post from you very soon announcing your Target MC.

Good Luck!

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 9 of 23
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Thank you, KSK!

Would be amazing to have a CC with a decent limit (for me) to pad utilization.

So they only switch to MC once you hit $5,000 or...?
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.