Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target CLI Generous - Didn't Ask For It

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Target CLI Generous - Didn't Ask For It

Congrats.  I wish I could get some auto luv from them.  I heard that you have to call in and update you income with them to get a CLI, did you do the update or did they just simply give it to you?  I did the update, but my statement hasn't cut since I did that.  Hopefully that will trigger a little something.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 11 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 12 of 23
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Congrats, it seems like the trend is people will get a CLI within 3-6 months of approval and then their limit will flatline. I don't recall seeing anyone receiving more than 1 CLI from target. I had a similar CLI experience to the OPs.

Message 13 of 23
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

congrats!

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, they like you

Message 15 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! You know that something really different is in the wind when a member can share about ANY target redcard CLI!!!

On that note Big Congrats!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 23
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 17 of 23
Duffenbrau
Valued Member

I got the same letter a couple days ago. I actually thought it was going to say they were closing my account because I haven't used it a single time, and have had it about 4 months now. I was pretty shocked considering I have 0 statements generated on the account. Might be the first instance of being annoyed at a CLI. I was probably going to close the card but now I might let it hang around at least through the holidays.

MSUFCU $5K| CASECU $2K| Discover it $1.5K| QuicksilverOne $2.5K(x2)| Playstation Visa $750| US Bank Flexperks Select $2.5K| Barclay Rewards $2.5K| Home Depot $2.7K| Best Buy $1.5K| Walmart $1.3K| Amazon $2.7K| PayPalSC $800| Target $800
Message 18 of 23
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

I used my card sparingly and for small purchases (househould items, pet care, make-up).  I paid the balance off each time and usually before the closing of the statement date.

I didn't call in for an increase, nor did I go online and click a love button.

Do they have a love button?  Hmmmmm  Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 23
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS and I'm looking forward to my letter, had my Red Card since March 2014. Smiley Wink

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.