Re: Target CLI and MC Upgrade

Congrats on both the CLI and upgrade!!

Message 11 of 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@UH_HUH wrote:

That made me smile,thank you for sharing

your story! That had to feel good reading that :-)

Hope your surgery is uneventful,

Cheers

Thanks. I really appreciate the well wishes. Looking forward to no more surgeries. 😊 

Message 12 of 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

We both have similar circumstances. Both LI. I opened for the need. No expectations. I hope you get that bump. Congrats on the new cards since I've been gone. Nice overall credit available. 👍🏻 @Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

I am not convinced Target is going to grow my card. If it hasn't grown by September I'm going to close it and get the debit card. 

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blindambition wrote:

We both have similar circumstances. Both LI. I opened for the need. No expectations. I hope you get that bump. Congrats on the new cards since I've been gone. Nice overall credit available. 👍🏻 @Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

I am not convinced Target is going to grow my card. If it hasn't grown by September I'm going to close it and get the debit card. 

Haha yeah I went a bit overboard. Smiley Embarassed

Welcome back! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on a big upgrade

Message 15 of 20
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!
Message 16 of 20
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Cheers and Wow, that is a big jump for TD. 20 months is pretty good. Took me 39 months.
Message 17 of 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:
Cheers and Wow, that is a big jump for TD. 20 months is pretty good. Took me 39 months.

Thanks. I was hoping for CLI soon, but MC was a surprise. Many wait years.

Message 18 of 20
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Most start getting CLIs every 6 months after the elusive MC upgrade but your new limit is so high it will be interesting to see if you will get another increase in six months.
Message 19 of 20
brk1971
Frequent Contributor

Another DP here... Target was in the drawer with what was my lowest CL ($1300), where it had been for about 3 years. Decided back in September to give it a try and close it if usage didn't work.
Test 1 was spending $140, immediately PIF, and updating income. (Sept19)

Test 2 was spending $113, letting that balance post, then PIF and updating income. (Nov19)

Test 3 was spendin $35, paying on due date and updating income. (Dec19)

No changes thru those, so I made the decision to put it back in the drawer. 
Late January statement (Still $0 balance) shows an auto-CLI to $6k. 
Today I received letter upgrading to Target MC in 2 months (with that CLI mentioned)

I'm curious as to whether this will impact AAA or not... with the CLI this will be my lowest major and 2nd lowest overall (Kohls @ $3k is now the lowest). I was already considering closing it, this didn't make that decision any more clear....

Fico8 = EQ 779, TU 802, EX 771 (6/22/2022), util = 6.5% ish
INQ in 12 mo: EQ 4, TU 4, EX 7
Cards: NFCU: Flagship VS $45k, Plat $24.3k, Plat $10.7k | Amex: Delta Reserve $50k | Citi: DC WE MC $28.8k | Discover: It $22.5k | Barclays: Juniper $15.25k | USAA: PCR VS $15k, RA $5k | UMB: SR VS $15k | PenFed: Path VS $20k, Plat Rew VS $15k | Synchrony: Lowes’s store $25k | Truist: Bright $10.5k, Bright $6.5k | Cap1: Venture1 Plat MC $10.3k, Kohls store $3k | Comenity: MyCash MC $17.5k | Wells Fargo: AC $10.3k | TD Bank: Target MC $6k (Reports as retail card despite now being MC) | BoA: CCR VS $30k | Affinity FCU: Premium VS $25k
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.