Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target CLI

tag
dak17
New Contributor

Target CLI

I haven't had any movement with this card since it upgraded last June @$2,500. With this statement cut, it increased to $3,500. I attribute the increases to leaving a small balance every couple of months. I don't know what else they factor in but my scores have actually dropped since the upgrade last June.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Target CLI

Nice bump, enjoy it Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome.

I started 3 months ago at $500, and left this last statement, a small $40 balance...once my new statement cut I saw a $500 increase.

I guess the data point here is - leave a small balance reporting. 

Message 3 of 7
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your increase!

I never carry a balance on my Target MC, and I see a raise once or twice a year. 

Just PIF and do not give them any interest money. APR is way too high!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 7
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Congrats op! Target does its own thing.

I was at 60-80% utilization, carrying balances for months , each time I was increased. $300 to $800 to $1300 to $2000.
NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target is so strange. Back in Janruary my SL was 800 and I was carrying a balance in the 700 range and actually forgot to submit my payment by the due date and paid 10 days later. Was completely stressed out over the late payment as I am still in the process of rebuilding. Few days later my SL increased to 1300 and no hit for a late payment. There is kind of no rhyme or reason to how Target issues CLI.

Message 6 of 7
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Target is so strange. Back in Janruary my SL was 800 and I was carrying a balance in the 700 range and actually forgot to submit my payment by the due date and paid 10 days later. Was completely stressed out over the late payment as I am still in the process of rebuilding. Few days later my SL increased to 1300 and no hit for a late payment. There is kind of no rhyme or reason to how Target issues CLI.

Exactly!! I always shake my head a little when all the discussion of "leave a balance!" "pay in full!!" etc happens.

Target will do what Target will do. Smiley LOL I was at like $1270 on a $1300 limit and still got bumped to $2000. I got increases 4 months after getting my card and then 2 more 3 months apart. Now, it's going on month 5 with no increase. No rhyme or reason at all. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.