Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target MC Approval

tag
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Target MC Approval

Wanted to buy something for Black Friday and Decided to apply for the MC.  Instant approval, 500 buckerooos lol.  Hopefully this thing grows if I use it enough.

Not sure what they pulled, I never received any alerts.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Target MC Approval

Did you actually get the MC? I thought that was only targeted that you couldnt app for it. Did this change? Congrats by the waySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Did you actually get the MC? I thought that was only targeted that you couldnt app for it. Did this change? Congrats by the waySmiley Happy

+1......^^^^

The MC isnt offered online, in store, or by phone to apply for specifically.  How did you get the MC version?  Even in the T&C it does not state that applying for credit one "may" receive either the store card or MC version like some companies do like Synch. This is usually a private upgrade offer later down the road. 

You mind posting your approval picture so we can see the wording? It might be a new data point to offer up to the community...Congrats on the approval Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

I didnt even realise that, I got approved for the red credit card, just assumed it was a MC. 

Message 4 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@scarfa21 wrote:

I didnt even realise that, I got approved for the red credit card, just assumed it was a MC. 

Well, just use the card (5% isnt a bad deal at all), let a balance report for the statement, and as soon as the statement cuts, PIF.  Rinse and repeat, and hopefully you'll see a couple CLI's next year.  My Red card will be 1 yr old in 2 weeks, and Ive only seen one CLI.  Started at $300, and  4 months later CLI to $800.  That was in April of this year, and havent seen one since. 

I also burned them in a BK several years ago, so my card may not grow as fast as some due to bad past relationship. Ive let a balance report the last two statements, so we will see if I get any love from them on next statement with the card reaching its 1 yr anniversary!  Smiley Wink 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S on your new card. Charge wisely this holiday weekend
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.