Target REDcard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target REDcard

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats buddy. I will be asking for 'monthly reports' to see what 'methods' you use / see if you're getting credit limit increases. I'm eyeing this but want to keep my Equifax clean, since NFCU uses that for CLI's.

We will see how much effort I really decide to put into it lmao.

Throw a purchase at it a month. They have some really good clearance men's clothes. It's a bit early- but last Black Friday they had AMAZING deals, so I bet you'll find something Smiley Happy.

I can't tell you the last time I spent any money on clothing haha. 

Message 61 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

Congrats again !

Thanks again! Smiley Wink

Message 62 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats buddy. I will be asking for 'monthly reports' to see what 'methods' you use / see if you're getting credit limit increases. I'm eyeing this but want to keep my Equifax clean, since NFCU uses that for CLI's.

Throw a purchase at it a month. They have some really good clearance men's clothes. It's a bit early- but last Black Friday they had AMAZING deals, so I bet you'll find something Smiley Happy.

Totally off topic of your red card, but do you use Prime Wardrobe? 12/10, use all the time <3.

Message 63 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Totally off topic of your red card, but do you use Prime Wardrobe? 12/10, use all the time <3.

I am serious. I haven't spent money on clothes in probably 3-4 years. There's not much point in buying new clothes when you can't go anywhere. I go to therapy and the psychiatrist because I have to but it's never a pleasant experience. I am always on the verge of a panic attack before I even step out into the garage to sit and wait for my ride and I get so bad with the panic sometimes that I literally destroy my shirts at the collar pulling on them because they make me feel like I can't breathe. :/

Message 64 of 102
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@macinjosh wrote:

On the plus side you got instant approval. I didn’t. Yikes! I’m scared to see my starting limit!

Were you given a card number to shop immediately online but no mention of a SL? If so, guess $2k minimum.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 65 of 102
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP ! From my research it would seem the lower SL's issued over the past few years or so grew faster than those starting with $2K. My card was issued 1/2018, expected CLI at 4th or 7th statement cut but nada. Hoping it'll happen at my anniversary. If not, such is life ... shrugs. 

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
Message 66 of 102
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

10-11 years to become a Target Mastercard and almost 14 total, and cli of 10300.
Message 67 of 102
Andypanda
Established Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

Congrats OP ! From my research it would seem the lower SL's issued over the past few years or so grew faster than those starting with $2K. My card was issued 1/2018, expected CLI at 4th or 7th statement cut, but nada. Hoping it'll happen at my anniversary. If not, such is life ... shrugs. 

I have had 15 statements cut, and still stuck at $300.

Message 68 of 102
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Andypanda wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

Congrats OP ! From my research it would seem the lower SL's issued over the past few years or so grew faster than those starting with $2K. My card was issued 1/2018, expected CLI at 4th or 7th statement cut, but nada. Hoping it'll happen at my anniversary. If not, such is life ... shrugs. 

I have had 15 statements cut, and still stuck at $300.

Sorry to hear it. Reminds me of my experience with synchrony amz and pp mc. Took 18 and 20 months respectivlely for the floodgates to finally open. Strange how there seems to be no set standard with these banks anymore.

Message 69 of 102
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

On the plus side you got instant approval. I didn’t. Yikes! I’m scared to see my starting limit!

Were you given a card number to shop immediately online but no mention of a SL? If so, guess $2k minimum.

Nope. I got $500. They called me to verify info. When I was on the phone with them, after they told me I was approved, I forgot to ask my SL. My Target REDCard is now my lowest limit card. Oh well, at least I got the $40 off $100 gift certificate.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 70 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.