Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red Card Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Red Card Approved

Applied today for Target red card and was approved for $300. I heard they are upgrading people again to Visa so I figured I would own one in case they wanna upgrade me 10 years down the line (LOL). Card will literally be used to buy gum Smiley Sad

Xace

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Red Card Approved

Same starting limit I got. Hopefully an increase before the holidays
Message 2 of 12
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied today for Target red card and was approved for $300. I heard they are upgrading people again to Visa so I figured I would own one in case they wanna upgrade me 10 years down the line (LOL). Card will literally be used to buy gum Smiley Sad

Xace

Congrats. They are nicer to new customers. Got approved last year in october, same SL of $300 and within 7 months cli to $4K and an upgrade to MC version. Card shipped out last week on 25th, waiting to receive it. Hopefully you get the same pattern as i did.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I started with a $300 limit as well (now 7k MC version), but I would use and PIF regularly and after a while the auto-CLIs started coming in regularly.  The upgrade is to a Mastercard though, not a Visa.  From what I've experienced they like usage, so try to do some purchase/PIF cycles.

Message 4 of 12
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  I started with a $300 limit as well (now 7k MC version), but I would use and PIF regularly and after a while the auto-CLIs started coming in regularly.  The upgrade is to a Mastercard though, not a Visa.  From what I've experienced they like usage, so try to do some purchase/PIF cycles.

I started getting cli's after i started carrying balance on the card. Might be something to consider.

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I was recently approved for $500.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I started getting cli's after i started carrying balance on the card. Might be something to consider.

KSK, true enough, but with a $300 CL it's hard to carry a balance and not show high util. 

Message 7 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

30 packs of gum aught to do itSmiley Happy 10% Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 12
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

KSK, true enough, but with a $300 CL it's hard to carry a balance and not show high util. 

Unless you are planning on applying for something else in the near future, don't focus on your temporary uti if it will help you with the cli's down the road. Even a $50 balance will work. I personally never got anything until i stopped paying it off every month. Also 2 more tricks i used:

First one is after the first month's statement cuts off and you have some usage on the card and make a payment, call them and tell them the payment is taking a while to post and with the small limit, it is making it hard for you to use the card. They will update your income information and this will improve your chances of getting a cli sooner.

Second one is, try to make more transactions. I always asked the cashier to split the charge between groceries and everything else. So that's 2 transactions there instead of one. Then before i leave the store i grab a starbucks coffee at the starbucks kiosk, and my each trip generates 3 transactions, if not more. These were the tricks i used to get a cli sooner. Hope it works for you too.

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 9 of 12
CBetc
Contributor

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for confirming. I noticed the same pattern with it eventually -- took me a very long time, though... probably around 5 years.

Target's my major mid-month due-date card, so had a tendency to use it in the last and first/second weeks of months, then PIF entirely as the statement cut. When I stopped doing that for a bit and let balances ride, I got a series of $1K and $2K CLI's. (Updating your income slightly might trigger a re-analysis as well.)

Started at $100 way back in the day (literally my first card, along with Mervyn's)... Eventually moved to the Target Visa (now MasterCard) and now have a $10K limit.

One thing I will say: Their old cards (pre-chip) were awesome looking. The new ones look cheap and hideous >.<

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.