Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red Card CLI

tag
CreditGame12
Contributor

Target Red Card CLI

Got a notification on my credit monitoring service letting me know I had a CLI on an account. Logged in and saw it was my target card. I opened this card 12/2018. I've made two charges on it, over the christmas time. Paid off the first balance in full. Paid the other charge in two months, and haven't used it since January. Had an auto CLI of $500 from $300 to $800. Nice to see my rebuilding is paying off! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Target Red Card CLI

Took 4 years to get my first CLI from them. 3 months later, I got another one. I'm hoping I'm on the train and get another one after 90 days

Message 2 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Any CLI is welcome!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 10
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the Very Nice auto CLI!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on rare auto luv CLI !!!!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic! Good job, especially since I’ve seen many report the target/TD bank folks playing hard to get with CLIs!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I’m one of the lucky ones that has seen consistent, regular growth through CLIs on this card. Many do not. I was at $300 for 3 years and then it just started coming every few months. Hopefully you’re on the same train 👍
Message 7 of 10
CreditGame12
Contributor

I really hope so! I've only had the card 4 months. Can you give me a timeline??
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had it with a low SL of $300 for about 3 years. Used a lot, carried balances. Finally got my first CLI to $700, and after that I saw continuing CLIs, about every 4 months. I went to $1000, then $1300, $1700, $2100, and last November I went to $2900. Hoping any time now to get another bump. Use the card and make your payments. Also, 7-10 days before the due date each month, I update my financials to try and spur them into an increase.
Message 9 of 10
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Had it with a low SL of $300 for about 3 years. Used a lot, carried balances. Finally got my first CLI to $700, and after that I saw continuing CLIs, about every 4 months. I went to $1000, then $1300, $1700, $2100, and last November I went to $2900. Hoping any time now to get another bump. Use the card and make your payments. Also, 7-10 days before the due date each month, I update my financials to try and spur them into an increase.

Congrats, OP! Good suggestions here! 

It took me 2 yrs to see a CLI from them. $300 to $600. Hopefully we're all on that 3-4 month TD CLI train! Smiley Very Happy

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.