Approved with a SL of $2500
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Red Card

@Anonymous wrote:
Approved with a SL of $2500

Congrats! Nice limit on the Target card!

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was really surprised to be honest. I had a red card before and closed it a year ago because its low limit was so frustrating. My fico around that time was in the 750 neighborhood.
Message 3 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dang, csn you say mcSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and awesome SL! Target has really changed their game, and many on these forums have reported positive activity in regards to cli's and better approvals. With your high scores, I'd expect nothing less. I have a feeling your card is going to grow very fast! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!! As mentioned Target is finally loosening the purse strings.

I had a Target card years ago that never budged once from the $200 limit and closed it. My card opened last February started at $300 and I've gotten CLIs every 3 months like clockwork (regardless of usage or utilization!). I'm at $2k now. You should be looking at a nice limit fast!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon do they generally upgrade people to the MC?  Is there a certain limit threshold that they convert at?

Message 7 of 21
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

It's Target! Who knows! LOL!

I'm not sure there's enough data points out there yet with the new and improved, very generous TD Bank. 

But I was doing some research today and it doesn't seem like there are many benefits to having a Target MC. You get the same 5% discount at Target but it doesn't look like there's anything for purchases outside of Target. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrsCHX wrote:

It's Target! Who knows! LOL!

I'm not sure there's enough data points out there yet with the new and improved, very generous TD Bank. 

But I was doing some research today and it doesn't seem like there are many benefits to having a Target MC. You get the same 5% discount at Target but it doesn't look like there's anything for purchases outside of Target. 

Believe it or not I think it's an idea card for international travel.  There's no FTF and it's a true chip & pin card so you can use it anywhere that accepts cards in Europe.

Message 9 of 21
Sexyblue
Contributor

Congrats!

Target redcard has been good to me since I joined in 2014. They have automatically given me 3 CLI over that period.  SL was $1100 now at $3400.

$1100 > $2200 >$2800 > $3400….waiting on the next one. LOL

I notice that each time they gave me an increased they soft pulled, and also I was carring a balance on average below 20% of CL. 

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.