Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Red Card

Just got approved for the NFCU platinum on Thursday night for 15k and have been wanting the red card for a while as my wife and I shop there often. Credit karma has been telling me very good approval odds and I know there not very accurate so I was hesitant.

Decided tonight I would apply as they pull EQ and NFCU pulls TU. Wasn’t sure how it was gonna go but got instant approval for a $200 SL :/ was hoping for a little better SL but I’ve heard it can grow rather quick if you use it. We will be for sure taking advantage of the 2 day shipping.

EQ pull
635 score (credit karma)
3 medical collections
Oldest account 1 year 2 months
1% utilization
9 inquiries (mostly auto)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Red Card

Congrats. It may take awhile for Target to show the love but use the card a lot, run it up and pay it down, and in time the CLIs will come. Mine was stagnant at $300 for 3 years. In the last two years it’s grown to $2900. Be patient and use it a lot and your limit will grow.
Message 2 of 7
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval and Thanks for the DPs!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

congrats on the Target Red Card.

they are not known for high limits at first.

one poster said bump against the limit and pay it off, thats how he got an increase.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy had you feeling like a 5k red card approval eh!? jk There they go again with thier insane limits and then back to reality with Target! At least it was an approval and like it was stated...it will grow. In time!!

Congratulations and Cheers!!

Message 5 of 7
CivalV
Established Contributor

Congrats!! I felt the same way when I was approved with a $300 SL in December. I was approved with a 615 EQ score. My 4th statement cut April 9th and they gave me a $300 increase. I only used the card 2-3 times since December. I had 50-60% UTL on the card. I just paid my purchases off over the last 4 months. When they gave me the increase I had a balance of $139. I had just made a $150 payment and a $50 payment the week prior. I would update my income regardless if there weren’t any changes before the statement cut.

Now with the $600 limit I can buy any game system I want 🔥
-free shipping, random awesome discounts on items and 5% on top of sales definitely makes this card worth it.

I just bought 5 nintendo switch games under $100 and they are rather new. Each retail for $59.99 each! Gotta catch the sales when they give them.

I also want to join NFCU but I want my UTL to be at 40% max when I decide to take the inquiry.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Decided tonight I would apply as they pull EQ and NFCU pulls TU. Wasn’t sure how it was gonna go but got instant approval for a $200 SL :/ was hoping for a little better SL but I’ve heard it can grow rather quick if you use it. We will be for sure taking advantage of the 2 day shipping.

Congrats!

You might get lucky and find they have approved you for more than that when the card comes in.  There are several posts here about a temporarly limit of $300 and then when the card arrives it is more.  Maybe you get lucky? (don't want to get your hopes up...)

Mine was $300 initial approval then $1000 when the card arrived.  The DW uses my card much more often than I do.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.