cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target auto CLI & Discover still stuck...data points...

Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Target auto CLI & Discover still stuck...data points...

My 4th statement just cut on my Target RedCard...auto cli from $1000 to $1600. I've put ~$30 to ~$150 through it each month and have PIF twice & let ~$30 report twice. Simple got the card for the automatic %5 on every purchase.

My Discover IT 5th statement just cut. They started me at $1000 and I requestd a cli at 91 days...got a $500 bump. Just hit the button today and declined...looks like I may be on the 91 day cycle. Putting quite a bit through it a month...$400 - $600 with PIF before cut date or small balance reporting. Love this card but find the limit very restricting. I'm patient but probably just irritated that TD Bank give me an auto cli and my Discover is stuck.

Oh well...need to just put in more time :-)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Mega Contributor

Re: Target auto CLI & Discover still stuck...data points...

Good job on getting a auto cli with Target, that seems to be like being approved for a Centurian card, lol, but hopefully thats putting you on path for that elusive mcSmiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the Disco. Good thing is though when that takes off youll be celestialSmiley Happy. At least you got a bump . If 91 days comes again and they give you 500 again, its a strp in the right directionSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
CBetc
Established Member

Target definitely does seem to like balances reporting, even if you're paying in full. I went through a year or two where I was using it fairly constantly, but would always pay down in time for a $0 balance to be shown on the statement. Never got anything.

Let $400-$600 show for two months in a row, got a $2000 increase.

Message 3 of 4
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Physh1 wrote:

My 4th statement just cut on my Target RedCard...auto cli from $1000 to $1600. I've put ~$30 to ~$150 through it each month and have PIF twice & let ~$30 report twice. Simple got the card for the automatic %5 on every purchase.

My Discover IT 5th statement just cut. They started me at $1000 and I requestd a cli at 91 days...got a $500 bump. Just hit the button today and declined...looks like I may be on the 91 day cycle. Putting quite a bit through it a month...$400 - $600 with PIF before cut date or small balance reporting. Love this card but find the limit very restricting. I'm patient but probably just irritated that TD Bank give me an auto cli and my Discover is stuck.

Oh well...need to just put in more time :-)

Discover is finicky and with an opening limit if $1000 and now $1500 since your last CLI you might want to pull back on the amount you're putting through it for better results.  They like to see some restraint when it comes to spending but when going for CLI's you'll need patience and persistence.  I was able to grow mine about 8X the opening limit in a year with this approach.  I just put a couple of small monthlies on it and set it for autopay.  Hammered the CLI button once the gate was opened by an auto CLI.  Discover isn't like all the other kids on the playground if you just look at the posts around here.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.