Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target auto cli again!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target auto cli again!!!

Was at work this morning and got a MyFico alert that information in my report changed.  Checked the alert.....Target increased my credit limit from $2500 to $5000 Smiley Surprised

Just got an increase 5/3 from $1900 to $2500......they are being very generous.....usually only cli on this card every 90 days or so.    

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
michael-
Established Member

Re: Target auto cli again!!!

I think you're going to get the MC upgrade. I had it happen similar. You should get two letters in the mail. One about the CLI and one about the upgrade. Here's hoping!

Message 2 of 12
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Great CLI!

I was happy with my 4 random increases the past year every 3-4 months, but I'd gladly take one two months in a row!

I want that MC! 😎🙏
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Michael and 80skid......I am hoping for the MC upgrade too!   Haven't seen anyone get it lately but i'm staying positive that there will be a MC in my future lol! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the back to back increases OP. Have you been carrying a balance or always pif? TIA
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@flako....I usually pif but every 90 days or so I will let a small balance post (always under 10%) and I update my income monthly when I make the payment. Seems like when I let a small balance post that's when the cli's happen. I went from SL of $300 in Dec. 2015 to $5000..... not bad for letting a balance post here or there.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you update your income are you increasing it or keeping it the same? Oh and congrats by the way.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to their CLI's. I never had a balance report before any CL's. I've received CL's every three months or so. In 11 months Ive gone from $300 to $1100.

I never updated the income until today! LOL

I shopped with what I could pay in cash and paid on my way out... I had my first balance report last month $104. Just 'testing' letting that balance report to see what happens.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Songburd....I always update with the same income information unless it changes. I don't inflate my income at all.

@nyhome- I took the advice I have seen here acout letting a balance post every so often....seems to work for me! Can't hurt to try right? lol
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I completely agree with you. I actually always let a balance post. I have heard stories on here of people who have had their card for years and still havent gotten an increase ever. So I always keep a balance. I mean whats the point of them extending additional credit if they arent going to make any money off of it. . I got my first increase right at the 6 month mark. So Im hoping if you follow your lead and just update my payment info once a month I get more increases as time goes on. Thanks for the great tips!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.