Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target feeling the holiday greed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target feeling the holiday greed

I had a scare on Friday 11/22 - paid my bill in the early morning (on the due date but no issues - it’s due by 6pm EST, paid at 530am). Looked the next day and balance hadn’t updated like usual. No big deal since it was a weekend and could have delayed due to that, and the account said the transaction was processed.

Checked Sunday and still not updated, plus showing a $28 late fee. WTH? Called them up and talked to a rep. She said they had a system glitch that slowed down payment processing but she could see that the payment absolutely was in on time and that within 24 hours everything would update and the late fee would fall off. When asked, she also assured me that I would have no internal black mark with TD Bank that would affect me.

Looked yesterday and everything was updated, late fee removed, and an $800 CLI was applied, taking my CL from $2900 to $3700. My last CLI was 11/27/2018.

Guess they just couldn’t resist the greed of the holiday shopping season kickoff lol. Went a full year without an increase but get to Black Friday and suddenly my static profile is now worthy of a CLI. Whatever, I’ll take it. Hopefully in January when I’m down to 2% aggregate it’ll spur them into an upgrade to the MC version...
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Target feeling the holiday greed

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 2 of 22
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the stress, but congratulations on the CLI!
Message 3 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha, nice going DevilSmiley Happy, they often say the Devil likes to play with fire, but man you be playing with it trying to literally hit the TARGETSmiley Wink.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's wild lol. Well at least you know the rep wasn't lying about not having an internal black mark!

Congrats man!

Message 5 of 22
cgeefly
New Contributor

Nothing like having almost 4k to spend at Target!

I promise, if they had a wine bar inside, I would NEVER leave!

Congrats!

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a scare on Friday 11/22 - paid my bill in the early morning (on the due date but no issues - it’s due by 6pm EST, paid at 530am). Looked the next day and balance hadn’t updated like usual. No big deal since it was a weekend and could have delayed due to that, and the account said the transaction was processed.

Checked Sunday and still not updated, plus showing a $28 late fee. WTH? Called them up and talked to a rep. She said they had a system glitch that slowed down payment processing but she could see that the payment absolutely was in on time and that within 24 hours everything would update and the late fee would fall off. When asked, she also assured me that I would have no internal black mark with TD Bank that would affect me.

Looked yesterday and everything was updated, late fee removed, and an $800 CLI was applied, taking my CL from $2900 to $3700. My last CLI was 11/27/2018.

Guess they just couldn’t resist the greed of the holiday shopping season kickoff lol. Went a full year without an increase but get to Black Friday and suddenly my static profile is now worthy of a CLI. Whatever, I’ll take it. Hopefully in January when I’m down to 2% aggregate it’ll spur them into an upgrade to the MC version...

Message 6 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Oh man....how stressful!  I guess they made up for it with the cli.  Call them back and ask them to upgrade your card, couldn't hurt. Do a little sweet talkin' you Devil you. Strike while the coal's hot!
@cgeefly wrote:

I promise, if they had a wine bar inside, I would NEVER leave!

That's ^^^ just funny!Smiley Very Happy  (get you a bottle of wine; go lounge in the grill/garden furniture section)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 22
BigOrange
New Contributor

Isn't it funny how the glitch is nearly always in their favor?
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @cgeefly I'm scared to tell my wife the limit went up! Agreed on the bar too. I wish Walmart had a balcony bar. I would be up there Friday morning with wings and a beer, watching the chaos and cheering on the fights Smiley Happy

Definitely hoping for the MC upgrade this coming year!

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BigOrange wrote:
Isn't it funny how the glitch is nearly always in their favor?

Usually is, although last year Citi had a glitch that allowed people 6-7 CLIs back to back. People went from $2k to $20k in 5 minutes. Wish that bug would hit Amex...

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.