Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target red card approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target red card approved

Hey guys, haven't posted in a few. I got a great surprise today {to me it's great} if you have followed my previous posts you will know I have been rebuilding for around 1 year. I started at a score of 423 with 72 collections and no hard pulls. 0 trade lines and no installments. I had 1 student loan and child support reporting as late. Today I have a score of 610 TransUnion 590 EQ 609 ex, with 0 collections, 6 credit cards, 1 car loan, and 100 percent payment history, 7 month credit history, 32 inquiries. Only 3 in the last 4 months. I have applied for the target red card about 3 times within the last year and always got denied. Today I applied again and got instant approval with a limit of 250. The weird thing is, I did not get a hard pull from any of my reports. They did not pull my reports. But I'm living proof that target is not inquiry sensitive lol. I'm applying for khols next unless you guys have a better option I should try for. And thank you for all the advise as it has cleaned my score up tremendously this last year.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target red card approved

Congrats!!! You've come a long way.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I've been chasing the Red card always no.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contrats!  The Red Card was my first unsecured card in my rebuild.  SL was $300, but with regular use and PIF at least once a month, I received an auto CLI every third statement.  300 -> 800 -> 1300 -> 2100.  Yup.  $300 to $2,100 in 9 months.  Treat it well and it will treat you well!

Great job on the rebuild!

Message 4 of 11
916networktech
Contributor

You deserve major Props Smiley Happy

| January 2017 American Express Blue $3000 | October 2017 American Express Everyday $2800 | October 2017 American Express Schwab Investor Card $6000 | September 2017 Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa $500 | December 2016 Discover it | $3,000 | September 2017 Paypal MC $700 | September 2017 Nordstrom Store CC $3000 | CreditCare $12000 | December 2017 BBVA Visa $12500 |

EX 688 December 2018
TU 680 December 2018
INQs: 5
Credit Started January 2017

cc
Message 5 of 11
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Great job!

Congrats 🎉
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome work.. Congrats.

Message 7 of 11
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations! It took two days before the HP showed up, from getting approved for my target card last Saturday. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

it just showed up on my TransUnion report.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I was also just approved for the Kohl's card I posted another thread on it. It feels great to see that congratulations notice instead of the 7 to 10 day message.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.