Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target upgrade to Mastercard

tag
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Re: Target upgrade to Mastercard

Could be this reason. I put hardly $15 - $20 per month on this card. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@GetMeSlick wrote:

Nicely done OP. Congrats.

I am still sticking with my target red card $1300.

Dang, no idea, how to get it increased.

You are going to have to wait. That's what I did. TD Bank started me with $2K, and after 1 year of non-use, they CLI me to $9K and sent me the MasterCard. 

Upgrades are done by a computer because CSRs, in my experince, were never able to process a CLI for me. Things may have changed since my time with the card. Smiley Happy

With your 825 Fico, you should expecting the CLI and upgrade soon. Smiley Wink

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GetMeSlick wrote:

Could be this reason. I put hardly $15 - $20 per month on this card. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@GetMeSlick wrote:

Nicely done OP. Congrats.

I am still sticking with my target red card $1300.

Dang, no idea, how to get it increased.

You are going to have to wait. That's what I did. TD Bank started me with $2K, and after 1 year of non-use, they CLI me to $9K and sent me the MasterCard. 

Upgrades are done by a computer because CSRs, in my experince, were never able to process a CLI for me. Things may have changed since my time with the card. Smiley Happy

With your 825 Fico, you should expecting the CLI and upgrade soon. Smiley Wink

Potentially. I am not aware of any DPs on this, but I am sure TD Bank rewards CLIs if the card gets a decent amount of use.  Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, TD definitely likes to see usage before they award CLIs. The pattern I noticed a while back is that they’ll give you an increase if you use about 15% of your CL if your credit/history justifies it, though I think they’ve gotten more lenient (I recently got a bump when I didn’t run nearly that much through). I also suspect that they’re more generous with CLIs on MasterCard accounts.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I did apply for the Target Credit Card in September and they gave me a $300.00 credit line.  I used it a couple of times, like $26.00 one month and maybe $40.00 or so another month and skipped on month all together.  I paid of the balance off each time.  During my third month - they increased me to $800.00 and that is where I am right now. I usually shop at Walmart - but every once in a while will pop into Target and purchase something. I don't spend a lot in there - usually no more than $40.00 and pay it off.  I will just continue and maybe I will be on the road to increases and conversions like the rest of you guys!  

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.