Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tested waters w/BBVA, Chase, AMEX, BoA and USBank

tag
Vegasr
Regular Contributor

Tested waters w/BBVA, Chase, AMEX, BoA and USBank

First some background. This month was the 10 year mark of my Ch 7 BK filing. 🎉 TU removed it 3 months ago, EX last month and EQ the beginning of this month.🎊 Was a long road 😓
Scores did shoot up to the 800 mark. 😇
DPs:AAoA 5 yrs 11% Util Inq’s TU 3, EX 1, EQ 0
27 cc accts 🙄 and now zero derogs

BBVA
So feeling confident, early last week I went into a local BBVA branch and asked if I had any preapproved offers (I have the converted NBA AMEX card with them). They pulled up 2 offers both cards had same SL. I chose the Clear Points w/SL $10K, 0% interest offer w/nice SUB.

AMEX
A few days afterwards I requested a CLI of $27k for my BCP AMEX, got $26.5k (was at $9k)

CHASE
Yesterday went into local branch, sat with banker to see if I had any offers available. (I’ve banked w/ them for 20+ years) I had one for the Freedom Unlimited. I already have 4 chase cards (Sapphire, Freedom, Marriot and Disney) so was weary about getting a 5th thus risk AR since in the past 4 months I got 2 BBaT cards(SL $7.5k each) plus the Apple Card $6.5k. Banker said having 5 was non issue. Got the FU w/SL of $16.7 w/nice SUB.

BOA
Feeling even more confident I’ve been wanting to start a relationship w/BOA. No prequalified offers came up yet was tempted to apply for the Premium Rewards cars. Read the difficultly of that card and since I had zero history w/BOA I chickened out. After filling out the app half way I stopped and applied for the Cash Rewards card. Instant approval, SL $10k and good SUB.

USBank
I’ve had a Cash+ for 3 years with same low SL of $2k. I requested a CLI, no instant and should get a decision in a few days.

Then back to Chase today and got CLI on my Sapphire, increasing it another $5k.
Was expecting more and probably should have just applied for a diff card (not Chase) and gotten a higher SL than $5k and nice SUB but don’t want to take even more of a hit to my AAoC.

That’s pretty much it. My little celebration for my Credit Reports all being BK free. Hope this may help others. Now off to the garden I go.
Embarrassing amount of credit cards
AoOA: 25yrs
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Tested waters w/BBVA, Chase, AMEX, BoA, USBank

Congratulations on your approvals and CLI!
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tested waters w/BBVA, Chase, AMEX, BoA, USBank

Congrats on being clean and reaping the rewards! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Tested waters w/BBVA, Chase, AMEX, BoA and USBank

Congrats on your haul!!

Message 4 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A great run here, grats to all of it Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on all of the above and just in time for the holidays!!

Message 6 of 21
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on all the approvals and having a clean CR!

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite a haul -- Congrats!

Message 8 of 21
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!! Very nice Spree

About how many points did you gain on each credit report when your CH7 fell off? Thanks
Message 9 of 21
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Vegasr wrote:
This month was the 10 year mark of my Ch 7 BK filing. 🎉
Scores did shoot up to the 800 mark. 😇

BBVA:  Clear Points w/SL $10K, 0% interest offer w/nice SUB.

AMEX:  CLI of $27k for my BCP AMEX, got $26.5k (was at $9k)

CHASE:  Got the FU w/SL of $16.7 w/nice SUB.
... CLI on my Sapphire, increasing it another $5k

BOA:  Feeling even more confident I’ve been wanting to start a relationship w/BOA. No prequalified offers came up yet was tempted to apply for the Premium Rewards cars. Read the difficultly of that card and since I had zero history w/BOA I chickened out. After filling out the app half way I stopped and applied for the Cash Rewards card. Instant approval, SL $10k and good SUB.

USBank:  I’ve had a Cash+ for 3 years with same low SL of $2k. I requested a CLI ... should get a decision in a few days.

Congrats on clearing the BK and the nice run in rebuilding your credit lines!

I think you must have had a blast!! Lol  Smiley Tongue

Wanted to comment on the BofA decison by the way.  Very well played and a good decision!  If you had no prior history with BofA, you would have been shot down so quickly it "would have made your head spin."  Lol   Can't overstate how much this card is a relationship card.  So starting with the Cash Rewards card is an excellent move.  I know you're "off to the garden" for now, but here's some info I've learned about Premium Rewards to file away for the future.  While the SUBs I mention may change or expire for you, I'm sure they'll offer them again and it may help other members who are eyeing this card.

I have 20-year history with BofA with previous banking and a long-time credit account.  I plan on this card also, but after reading about it on My Fico I have decided to lay my foundation first to grease the skids for approval.  Obviously, the goal with Premium Rewards card is to qualify for the higher credit rewards and other perks and discounts with their Preferred Rewards program.  It is meant to be paired with the Preferred Rewards program for relationship clients.  To be in Preferred Rewards requires a checking account to begin with.  So I reopened bank accounts with them yesterday and moved $20K in.  That starts the clock on qualifying for lowest level (Gold) of Preferred Rewards program.  I was offered a $300 SUB for new account as well if I set up direct deposit within 90 days. (Special offer to me through my BofA app with my Cash Rewards credit card, but there is an open $200 SUB available on their website now for anyone.)   Later, I plan to move more assets to ML before I apply for the Premium Rewards card.  At the highest tier, you earn 2.625% back on everything you buy with it, and my goal would be to start earning that up-front with my first purchase.  The SUB is $500 for spending $3K in 90 days.  If you do it on noncategory spend (worst-case scenario), you would earn (3K x 0.02625%) = $78.75 in regular rewards on that spend.  The total of $578.75 on $3K spend is a return of a minimum of 19.29% on your first 3K in spend!  (And an even higher return the more you spend on dining and travel at 3.5% return.)  Smiley Very Happy   

So there's a $300 SUB for new checking, a $500 SUB for the Premium Rewards Card, and finally a special SUB for setting up with Merrill Lynch investments.  While there's an off-the-street offer generally available for new Merrill clients, there's another one that pays 50% MORE SUB if you have already Preferred Rewards status!  (See: https://www.merrilledge.com/offers/900offer )    At the highest tier, it pays $900 (instead of the base $600) for moving $200K in investment or IRA accounts.  Between the three separate SUBs, it's a potential total of up to $1700 if played well.  Smiley Happy  (Or up to $1175 with $100K deposited.)

Hope that helps and once again, congratulations on your recent successes! 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.