Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You DCU!

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Thank You DCU!

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

Congrats! By any chance what are the requirements to join DCU? I saw their website but i'm not sure if i can join.

What do they ask for? I read so many postive things about CU especially NFCU (can't join unfortunately) and DCU. 

NFCU requires a military connection eg a family member,roommate or you serving in the military.DCU have cetain requirements as well but not the military requirement.You can just make a charitable donation of $10.00 for children education and that will get you in. A donation at this time due to current events is a nice gesture. DCU is probablt a close second to NFCU.Both are a smart choice.They offered me a refinance for my auto loan. I have DCU LOVE!!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 11 of 16
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Ohh okay then thanks. I would love to join NFCU but i have no family, friends in the military. So DCU is the closest I can get. Also one more question. When applying for a CC is it a guaranteed approval or not?

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 12 of 16
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

Ohh okay then thanks. I would love to join NFCU but i have no family, friends in the military. So DCU is the closest I can get. Also one more question. When applying for a CC is it a guaranteed approval or not?

Only death and taxes are guarenteed! Your scores are decent you'll be fine apping with a CU card.

Goal 750 Across

Message 13 of 16
eviLution
Established Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

I was approved for the unsecured Visa Platinum based on my income because I had a thin file.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 14 of 16
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Nice. I just made a savings account and made a 10 dollar donation. i guess i'm just waiting to be approved. (is a checkings account neccesary to be made) Sorry OP i don't mean to steal your thread. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 15 of 16
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

Nice. I just made a savings account and made a 10 dollar donation. i guess i'm just waiting to be approved. (is a checkings account neccesary to be made) Sorry OP i don't mean to steal your thread. 

You need only a savings account for approval, but their checking is a good product because you earn .05 % interest

Goal 750 Across

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.