cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you! Approved for Discover It card plus QS card upgrade!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Approved for Discover It card plus QS card upgrade!

I want to thank everyone in this forum for the wealth of information each of you provide to each other on here. I recently have been trying to improve my finances and rebuild my credit from some unfortunate circumstances 7 years ago.

I haven't tried to open up any credit accounts in over 10 years (last one was a 6k limit Target MC card). I also possessed a Capital One platinum card with 5k limit, & local bank Visa Signature with 7.5k limit. I have been able to pay off both the VSig & Capital One card recently in the last few months. I was looking to try to get a card to transfer my Target card balance to a lower or 0% promo rate. After reading through the forums, I decided on the Discover It card with 0% transfer for 14 months. So today, for the first time in a decade, I attempted a pre-approval / credit app through Discover and got approved for an 11k credit limit! I also successfully upgraded my Cap1 platinum to a Quicksilver this weekend too.

The forum provided me clues to my eventual Discover approval due to the pre-approval giving me a specific APR and not a range. I hope the initial 11k credit limit is a good sign of my credit profile improving.

Thank you again to all the wonderful people in this forum who exchange their stories and information. It helped me tremendously in my research & confidence to try.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Thank you! Approved for Discover It card plus QS card upgrade!

Congrats.. Stats might help others.  Thanks

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I want to thank everyone in this forum for the wealth of information each of you provide to each other on here. I recently have been trying to improve my finances and rebuild my credit from some unfortunate circumstances 7 years ago.

I haven't tried to open up any credit accounts in over 10 years (last one was a 6k limit Target MC card). I also possessed a Capital One platinum card with 5k limit, & local bank Visa Signature with 7.5k limit. I have been able to pay off both the VSig & Capital One card recently in the last few months. I was looking to try to get a card to transfer my Target card balance to a lower or 0% promo rate. After reading through the forums, I decided on the Discover It card with 0% transfer for 14 months. So today, for the first time in a decade, I attempted a pre-approval / credit app through Discover and got approved for an 11k credit limit! I also successfully upgraded my Cap1 platinum to a Quicksilver this weekend too.

The forum provided me clues to my eventual Discover approval due to the pre-approval giving me a specific APR and not a range. I hope the initial 11k credit limit is a good sign of my credit profile improving.

Thank you again to all the wonderful people in this forum who exchange their stories and information. It helped me tremendously in my research & confidence to try.

Congratulations on your approval and upgrade. Nice SL from Discover. What were your FICO scores, inq, derogs (if any), AAoA...etc....

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score was 725, average age of accounts 17 years, had a loan default in 2011. No missed or late payments on Capital One or bank VISA rewards card. Only one late payment (5 days late) on Target card.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and very nice SL

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.