Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Old Navy!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Old Navy!

Today I logged on to schedual my credit card payments for the coming month and when logging on to pay my Old Navy store card the intro sceen said I was preapproved to upgrade to a new Old Navy Visa Card. So I took a chance, clicked to boxes that said yes, and was upgraded with a limit of $2000! Very excited, esp after just getting a new Target card with only a $200 limit. The new Visa card is my highest limit yet. There is one downside, my current Old Navy account will be closed, so it wont help out my account age (something really hurting me right now), but hey, I'll take it.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Thank you Old Navy!

Congrats! What CL did they start you off with at Old Navy?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Originally started with a $200. Bumped up to $600 back in September. GE has been pretty good to me with CLI until a few months ago. Now when I try to apply for one on any account, they tell me I have to call in, and it makes me feel like I did something wrong, so I haven't lol.

Message 3 of 11
Moes
Valued Member

Congrats on the upgrade! It's all GE managed accounts that you have to call for a CLI now. You did nothing wrong lol.

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Old Navy Visa! You're going to love it. I got mine back in December and have been using it quite a bit. The Old Navy reward dollars for spending anywhere is a pretty nice perk. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 5 of 11
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

congrats don't feel bad about target. they give alot of people that limit.

@Anonymous wrote:

Today I logged on to schedual my credit card payments for the coming month and when logging on to pay my Old Navy store card the intro sceen said I was preapproved to upgrade to a new Old Navy Visa Card. So I took a chance, clicked to boxes that said yes, and was upgraded with a limit of $2000! Very excited, esp after just getting a new Target card with only a $200 limit. The new Visa card is my highest limit yet. There is one downside, my current Old Navy account will be closed, so it wont help out my account age (something really hurting me right now), but hey, I'll take it.

Message 6 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  That's a nice limit!  Way to go!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 11
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Nice job. Congrats !!!!

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 8 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS on the upgrade!!!

I cant wait for an offer for me!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 11
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. Originally started with a $200. Bumped up to $600 back in September. GE has been pretty good to me with CLI until a few months ago. Now when I try to apply for one on any account, they tell me I have to call in, and it makes me feel like I did something wrong, so I haven't lol.

Not only is it all GE cards now like the previous poster mentioned, but it is an automated system. They ask you what CL you need to make the purchase you want, and then they either approve it or counter offer you. You need to accept the increse at that point before it becomes permanent.  

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.