cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thankful for the collective community here!

tag
Stribe
Contributor

Thankful for the collective community here!

After a foreclosure and years of delinquent student loans, I never thought I would be trusted with credit again. I brought everything current that I could and worked with just cash for a few years, but last year after finding the forums I decided to jump back on the horse and see what might happen.

I started with Discover, REI MC and Chase Amazon for personal cards then Citi Costco and a Chase Ink Cash for my work. Discover grew from $8500 -> $13400, Citi Costco $5000 -> $10000 and Chase Ink $20000 -> $30000.

This past week I wanted to add some diversity so I apped for US Bank Cash+, Uber, PayPal and Citi AAdvantage... all approved! Fico scores sitting between 700-740s

Cash+ $1500 SL, will work for 5% categories
Uber $1500 SL, hope this grows...
PayPal $300, I literally laughed out loud when I read the approval. Meh, we’ll see how much use it gets.
Citi AAdvantage $5400, only apped for a trip our family is taking to NC in March. This limit will work just fine.

$8700 increase in credit this week for a total exposure of $78,600 since February 2018. Heading to the garden for now to see how I can make these cards work for me.

Thank you to the collective wisdom found here. This community has helped me rebuild and far exceed the credit profile I once possessed.
5/25/2022

Amex BCE $17,4k | Apple Card $7k | Chase Amazon $11k | Chase Ink Cash Business $30,4k | Citi AAdvantage $7,5k | Citi Costco Business $15k | Discover It $15,4k | PayPal $15k | Synch Amazon $10k | Target RC MC $9k | US Bank Cash+ $3k
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thankful for the collective community here!

Congratulations on your approvals! This place is golden, isn't it? Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 13
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS on your Approvals and WELCOME to the Forums!!!

By the way, my Paypal 2% Cashbach MC started at $700 in April 2018 and as of January 2019 has a CL of $8,000.

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 13
Stribe
Contributor

@Marz2002 wrote:

By the way, my Paypal 2% Cashbach MC started at $700 in April 2018 and as of January 2019 has a CL of $8,000.

Did you request CLI or were they auto? Did you have to put a lot of spend through the card each month?

I think my Paypal will just be for loose ends/general spend where my other cards only give 1% back. I don't see a ton of spending through it each month.

5/25/2022

Amex BCE $17,4k | Apple Card $7k | Chase Amazon $11k | Chase Ink Cash Business $30,4k | Citi AAdvantage $7,5k | Citi Costco Business $15k | Discover It $15,4k | PayPal $15k | Synch Amazon $10k | Target RC MC $9k | US Bank Cash+ $3k
Message 4 of 13
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Stribe wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

Did you request CLI or were they auto? Did you have to put a lot of spend through the card each month?

I think my Paypal will just be for loose ends/general spend where my other cards only give 1% back. I don't see a ton of spending through it each month.

1 auto CLI increase for $1,000 in September 2018, IMMEDIATELY followed by an online CLI of $1,000.

In January 2019, I requested an online CLI to $8,000 - instantly APPROVED!!

I spend about $300 - $400 per month on the card, with highest spend in a month - $577.  Always PIF after statement is cut.

So far, it's the only 2% CB on EVERYTHING card I have.  You won't need a ton of spending on it for CLI growth.

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stribe -

I see that you are a new member. Welcome to the myFICO forum! Smiley Very Happy

Super Congrats on your approvals! You certainly have come a mighty

long way after a foreclosure and years of delinquent student loans.

You have every reason to feel very proud of yourself. Very well done! Smiley Very Happy

+1 on the PayPal 2% CB Mastercard. It grows very quickly. In addition,

you may want to contact PayPal and ask about the 1% Business Debit Card

so you can convert your 2% card into a 3% card. Once you have the Business Debit,

for every $100 spend you'll get $3 back: $1 from the Business Debit and another

$2 from the 2% CB MC. The Business Debit is a free upgrade. Call PP for details.

Congrats once again on your approvals. Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and your journey.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Stribe wrote:

$8700 increase in credit this week for a total exposure of $78,600 since February 2018. Heading to the garden for now to see how I can make these cards work for me.

I'll trade ya!Smiley Tongue

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news! Congratulations on all your hard work paying off!
Message 9 of 13
Stribe
Contributor

Good to know. I don’t need this card to be huge, just a little bit bigger than a trip to Walmart. I could easily spend $300 when feeding my two growing boys 😆

I’ll also look into that debit card for business. Thanks for the tip!
5/25/2022

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.