Thanks GEMB!

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Thanks GEMB!

So I applied for the TJMAXX Card. Approved 200.00$ CL

I applied for the Banana republic Card. Approved 400.00$ CL

JCPENNY CARD 500.00$ CL

And heres the deal with this just in case you get that 7-10 Day Message.  If you call this number 1-866-246-4282 within 48 hours of that 7 -10 Day message, chances are you will get approved.

I appled for the Gap card and got the "Will send you an letter within 7-10 days of our decision" the next day i called the Underwriters number and said, "I think my application need further verification?" ( a lie of course) and the woman said oh sure hold on.  She brought up a few questions and said your approved!!

She also said if you ever get that message to call wtihin 48 hours and most likely GEMB will review your application once more.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Thanks GEMB!

@texasman07 wrote:

I applied for the Banana republic Card. Approved 400.00$ CL

JCPENNY CARD 500.00$ CL

And heres the deal with this just in case you get that 7-10 Day Message.  If you call this number 1-866-246-4282 within 48 hours of that 7 -10 Day message, chances are you will get approved.

I appled for the Gap card and got the "Will send you an letter within 7-10 days of our decision" the next day i called the Underwriters number and said, "I think my application need further verification?" ( a lie of course) and the woman said oh sure hold on.  She brought up a few questions and said your approved!!

She also said if you ever get that message to call wtihin 48 hours and most likely GEMB will review your application once more.

That's one of my lines I use depending on the circumstance.  Congrats to you on your approvals!

Message 2 of 18
texasman07
Established Contributor

Thanks!!! I got all the cards I need now.  Im done for a looooooooooooooong time!!!

It was nice to get a round of approvals. 

I use store cards a lot for clothes and shoes for work.  I usually PIF and get at least 10-25$ back in Rewards once a month.

With my express fashion card i save anywhere between 25 to 100$ when i shop. 

For me, store cards make it easy since Im going to buy clothes and shoes anyway for work functions and social events that I have once a month. Might as well get money back!! Plus NO ANNUAL FEES OR MONTHLY FEES.!

Message 3 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

I have one store card from Sears, and use it only for oil changes.  I particularly do not like store cards.

Message 4 of 18
texasman07
Established Contributor

GEMB makes it easy. I have never had a problem with them. Pay them through my bank and usually payments post the next day by midnight.  CLI's every 4 months. They are actually pretty easy to work with.  If it was a problem I wouldnt continue with them.  Although their APRS' are high, I PIF so it doesnt matter and no Annual Fee.  All in All I just have to say GEMB has been good with me in the past and it makes a difference.  You want to be good with them too when you have a company that is not stingy with CLI's are charges fee for everything you do.  Just my Opinion.

Message 5 of 18
smc733
Valued Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

Thanks!!! I got all the cards I need now.  Im done for a looooooooooooooong time!!!

It was nice to get a round of approvals. 

I use store cards a lot for clothes and shoes for work.  I usually PIF and get at least 10-25$ back in Rewards once a month.

With my express fashion card i save anywhere between 25 to 100$ when i shop. 

For me, store cards make it easy since Im going to buy clothes and shoes anyway for work functions and social events that I have once a month. Might as well get money back!! Plus NO ANNUAL FEES OR MONTHLY FEES.!

I particularly don't like store cards, for a multitude of reasons, I prefer to pay Visa/Amex, BUT, in cases as yours, where you can reap significant benefits, store cards make a lot of sense.  My mother gets good benefits from her use of store cards.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasman07 wrote:

What did they pull for this card TU or EQ

Message 7 of 18
texasman07
Established Contributor

GEMB ALWAYS pulls TU for me in TEXAS.

I have a few of thier other cards: Walmart, Chevron, American Eagle, and all have been TransUnion

Message 8 of 18
smc733
Valued Contributor

GEMB pulls TU for me in New Jersey, too.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in IL they have been big time EQ pullers here but from time to time they will pull TU. They use to soft me on EQ allot for most of my accounts I have with them but now I noticed they only softed TU this past year so maybe there making a switch to primarily use TU.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.