Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks PenFed for the extra $10K!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Thanks PenFed for the extra $10K!

@Aim_High wrote:

To soften the blow from my recent AMEX denial (for too many new accounts), PenFed was nice enough to give me a CLI on my PenFed Power Cash Rewards VisaSmiley Very Happy

The card was approved in November with SL of $15K.  I put in for CLI at exactly six months later.  It went under review for 24 hours and I was approved for a $10K increase to new limit of $25K!  Sweet!  That was my goal for that card.  I've heard that is normally the maximum per card PenFed will now authorize for new cardholders. 

* * UPDATE * * 

Edit to Add:  I reported in-thread this might be a SOFT PULL CLI as some have reported more SPs lately with PenFed.  I checked my EQ report this morning and it was a HARD PULL as is typical for PenFed.   Still, a nice CLI for a Hard Pull, so I'm satisfied!

PenFed_PCR_CLI_20200519.jpg

Nice job @Aim_High  Mission AccomplishedSmiley Happy

Message 31 of 43
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

To soften the blow from my recent AMEX denial (for too many new accounts), PenFed was nice enough to give me a CLI on my PenFed Power Cash Rewards VisaSmiley Very Happy

Nice job @Aim_High  Mission AccomplishedSmiley Happy

Thanks AJC! Smiley Happy

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fraykliu.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F11%2Fmission-accomplished-1.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 32 of 43
Mellon
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 33 of 43
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Congrats @Aim_High  good work 25K is sufficient for now ... when you guys get tired let me know i will start Smiley LOL

_______________R.a.j

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 34 of 43
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Mahraja wrote:

Congrats @Aim_High  good work 25K is sufficient for now ... when you guys get tired let me know i will start Smiley LOL

_______________R.a.j

Thanks RAJ! 

So what is this, a relay race? 

Do we all get to share in the prize ... your 1.5M?  Lol Smiley Tongue

Now THAT is nice work, my friend. 

But I'm proud of getting most of my limits to my goal of $25K per card. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 35 of 43
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval despite the HP. I wish more lenders would only do a SP. Wonder why the difference exists?

Message 36 of 43
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 37 of 43
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:
Spin the wheel and try your luck for a 2nd card? 😝 Maybe get away with the same pull?

@AllZero, Bad influence...just bad!

Got me thinking.Smiley Very Happy.  I am at 6 months mark with the first card that I opened 11/12/2019 CL of $15,000, but the second card I got on 1/17/2020 CL of $10,000 after submitting POI. Should I request a CLI for the first card or wait for the second to reach 6 months also and put a request for both. If my logic is right I should give it more time. Why? that's a good question to ask Mr logic, so please allow me to tell you why. First of all, my second card got lower CL, so I may be on the edge with Penfed at the moment. second, if I wait till 7/17/20 I can hit two birds with one HP. Friends what do you think?

Message 38 of 43
MrT_521
Regular Contributor

ice Re: Thanks PenFed for the extra $10K!

@Aim_High 

Nice job!

If you're familiar with Reddit, you'll know what this means:

Username checks out!

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Debit Cards

FICO 8 Scores (as of Dec 14, 2022)

Message 39 of 43
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:
Spin the wheel and try your luck for a 2nd card? 😝 Maybe get away with the same pull?

@AllZero, Bad influence...just bad!

Got me thinking.Smiley Very Happy.  I am at 6 months mark with the first card that I opened 11/12/2019 CL of $15,000, but the second card I got on 1/17/2020 CL of $10,000 after submitting POI. Should I request a CLI for the first card or wait for the second to reach 6 months also and put a request for both. If my logic is right I should give it more time. Why? that's a good question to ask Mr logic, so please allow me to tell you why. First of all, my second card got lower CL, so I may be on the edge with Penfed at the moment. second, if I wait till 7/17/20 I can hit two birds with one HP. Friends what do you think?

@TekkenQQ7 .Maybe wait and request CLI for both?

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.