Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Synchrony! A denial, followed by an Approval

tag
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Thanks Synchrony! A denial, followed by an Approval

Just got the itch to apply for Sams Club MC, and surely got denied with a 698 fico score and a very high uti on CC's due to divorce. Then something told me to app for walmart but i do know that it would be a hit and miss since you can't really choose which one to apply for, store or MC. Did the app, and a number popped up to call for verification. TU has FA. Called in, and a CSR transferred me to another lady, and as soon as she answers the phone, she said "So you did not apply for a Walmart card?" I said no i did, and she asked me several times to make sure it was not a fraudelent app. I explained her no i did apply but was asked to call in for verification due to a FA on my TU. She went thru each step and told me - to my suprise - that we were allowed to have one store card and one MC only. So she said she would try hard to get it approved for MC, but not another store card. After all verification and some work on her end, i got approved for Walmart MC for $1200. 

Can i ask for cli now or do i have to wait until i get the card in my hand? I want to do a BT to that card and close another account.

Thanks,

Stats: High uti (emberassed to say) Smiley Happy

4 accounts with synchrony, Lowes Amazon Sams, Walmart (all store cards) with a total of $35K limit. 

Total balance on all Synchrony cards, less than %10

All about a year old.

698 TU Fico score with 38 inq's.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Thanks Synchrony! A denial, followed by an Approval

I would lay low on the CLI for now, you are just ASKING to be shutdown by Sync..

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.