Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks everyone... approved NFCU cash rewards

tag
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone... approved NFCU cash rewards

First, I want to thank everyone here with the valuable info on this site.   A little about me. Recently ,I have taken a more responsibility in regard my finances.  I have a a few cards, BofA rewards USAA, , Capital one and NFCU.  The NFCU account had an limit of 10k and the balance was 9800. With an interest rate of 18%, I have only paid 1000 in 3 years .   My FICO Score was in the low 600s , so I was desperate for relief.  After doing research( primarily this site), I found a solution.   My fiancé  applied and received Penfed (10k limit), Discover It (9k limit), and Citibank (15k limit).  Was denied Chase even with her 760 score . Go figure.  She put me on all cards as an AU and divided the 8800 balance equally between Discover and Penfed with 0% transfer balance for 18 months and 1 year.  In 3 months my FICO Score has jumped to 685.   Today I applied for the Navy Cashback card and was approved for 20k!!   Thanks again for everyone’s help...

Business Cards
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thanks everyone... approved NFCU cash rewards

Congrats! I can certainly relate with not paying more attention to my credit, and the when you start to make better decisions with them then paying off, the feelings awesome!
Message 2 of 11
SwarthyOgre
Regular Contributor

Congrats! It's a great feeling to tackle something like this and get things moving in the right direction! In my case I used the approach to my credit for years that if i dont look at it then i dont have to worry about it...not so much. 

ABCD2199 has links to some great threads in their signature...I highly recommend them as a good read.

Starting scores: 5/15 - EQ: 546 | TU: 580 | EX: 554
Current scores: 4/23 - EQ: 750 | TU: 750 | EX: 750
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your awesome Navy approval!! Nice growing

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Great SL.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats - and watching your balance actually go DOWN when you make payments can really be motivating.  Smiley Happy  Best of luck.

Message 6 of 11
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

She was probably denied for Chase due to the three inquiries. 

Message 7 of 11
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

She applies to Chase first.  She was as baffled as I.  

@Gregory1776wrote:

She was probably denied for Chase due to the three inquiries. 

Business Cards
Message 8 of 11
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

ahh. Chase can be weird. More and more I read, I’m glad got approved with all the inquiries and new accounts I had back in September for the Amazon! And with a decent SL of 2k,.. can’t wait to increase it to 10k or higher.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.